• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's 39 million if you include the whole Caribbean (Cuba, Puerto Rico etc.)
But not every country in the Caribbean plays cricket. If you exclude the places where they don't play cricket very much or at all (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti etc) then the actual population pool of potential cricket players is probably significantly less than Australia.
Ta, any idea what the cricket following population would be?

wallacer

Cricket Spectator
I would guess less than 10 million? Cuba has a population of over 11 million and Haiti and the Dominican republic are about 10 million I think. So those 3 countries on their own are over three quarters of the population of the Caribbean.

I live in New Zealand so I sympathise with the whole small population base problem.

Last edited:

wallacer

Cricket Spectator
How many of them live in the English-speaking Caribbean though?
Just under 10 million. Haiti speaks French. Cuba and Dominican Republic speak Spanish.
Most of the rest speak English, maybe with a smattering of Dutch and French.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see Voges, Watson or Haddin doing much on this pitch (like scoring fifties).

Smith is a fighter - he can adapt to situations well. And Johnson and Starc can really frustrate any opposition (even if they score less than Voges, Watson, Haddin).

aussie tragic

International Captain
I don't see Voges, Watson or Haddin doing much on this pitch (like scoring fifties).

Smith is a fighter - he can adapt to situations well. And Johnson and Starc can really frustrate any opposition (even if they score less than Voges, Watson, Haddin).
Voges looked really good when watching this morning, I tip him for a big score

aussie tragic

International Captain
Too little time to judge... His first 2 boundaries came off a fulltoss and then a near-chance respectively
His full toss was 2nd ball in Test cricket so evens between nerves and bad ball...he won...as for a near-chance, the fielder was 2 meters away so all good in my opinion ;)

Spark

Global Moderator
Risk/reward against spinners like Bishoo. That Clarke played it like **** doesn't mean it's not a good idea in general to cut. Nail a few instead of Clarkeing them and Bishoo runs out of options to get you out or even stop the bleeding.
Fine to cut, but for some reason he decided almost everything should be cut, almost regardless of line.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Okay, so I went a little crazy and looked it up. That 154 balls faced by Ronchi on his debut is the most balls he's faced in a single innings in his entire professional career. He's done it twice, once in his debut, and once in 2009 against NSW. I didn't check List-A games but I think I can safely assume he hasn't faced that many in a 50 over game, otherwise his HS might be 250+.

He's only faced 100+ balls 14 times in his First Class career, 8 were in Australia and 6 have been since moving to NZ. He did face 90-99 balls multiple times but I didn't keep track of how many.

Wonder how many people faced the most deliveries they've ever faced in an innings in their first ever innings. Weird.

Last edited: