• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Valer

First Class Debutant
Why would one innings over-ride the choices made at the beginning of the series? The selectors must believe that Ussie and Hughes are worth persisting with.

I'd love it if Marsh was given even half the chances that Hughes is getting because I far prefer watching him but I can't see it happening and I'm not even sure it should on the back of one innings no matter how disciplined.
AWTA

Given only Watson (barely) and Hussey have been the only ones even passable of late (say since Pakistan in England) it seems fair to give them the rest of the tour to cash in. However if we do poorly in the rest of this match all bets may be off.

Edit: I was under the impression that Clarke essentially had the final say at this point.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The new selectors will be the last people appointed (GM>>>Coach>>>Selectors) so it's possible Hilditch etc will be picking the SA tour squad

adub

International Captain
Tbf I don't think they're that far away from our best possible squad. Until (if) Marsh reverts to type then he has nailed his spot down and I'm comfortable with Warner as next cab although there are others who wouldn't look out of place. Bollinger and SOK in for Pattinson and Beer (or Sids) and we'd struggle to do better.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Can see glove move and hear the noise but won't be given. Close enough i guess for the benefit of the doubt