• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Ruckus

International Captain
Why is there a swear filter on this forum? Would love to know what expletive is being used...I judge a mans character by his choice of insult.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
we literally had this exact convo last week
Yeah same old chestnut does get a bit boring.

Well done Marsh for the ton on debut. Glad for Hussey too, for once showing his great form away from home too. Presume there will be a declaration early tomorrow to try and have enough time to win it.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Why is there a swear filter on this forum? Would love to know what expletive is being used...I judge a mans character by his choice of insult.
Probably due to filtering at workplaces, apparently some IT departments still filter like that. That and the "family friendly forum" thing.

Edit: On the match I still don't think we have enough I'd take an hour in the morning to bash it around then go out. Remember SL got 253 in Galle on a worse pitch in the 4th.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah surely.

Predictions for second innings wickets? Probably gonna be pretty overcast most of the time, hard to go past Harris again, but I'm gonna go with Copes taking the lions share.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Great to see Hussey back in form after his pre-Ashes slumps. He's a great player.

Don't rate Shaun Marsh that much, but he's done OK against England in ODIs. Doubt he'll last long against Anderson and Swann though in Test cricket!

Brad Haddin's place must suddenly be under threat too, especially as he has 2 decent deputies in Paine and Wade. Will he make 2013?!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
reckon SL will actually keep their heads and put up 400/500. Harris to take the most wickets, people to start talking about whether Lyon and Copeland are any good & MJ to be ****

or MJ to take 6. Although I'm pretty sure next test will be his 5 wicket haul test

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What's the forecast like? If it's half fair I'd carry on and try to add another 50 or so. Harris and Copeland can both bat.

Only proviso is Khawaja might not be up for tossing his wicket away in the pursuit of quick runs what with him being under a bit of pressure for his spot from the debutant centurion.

If the weather's set turd tho I'd pull the plug now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What's the forecast like? If it's half fair I'd carry on and try to add another 50 or so. Harris and Copeland can both bat.

Only proviso is Khawaja might not be up for tossing his wicket away in the pursuit of quick runs what with him being under a bit of pressure for his spot from the debutant centurion.

If the weather's set turd tho I'd pull the plug now.
Haven't yet had a full day's play due mostly to bad light on days 1 and 2; I'm not sure there's much to be said for batting on. Bear in mind that the blokes they send out will need to get started again and quick runs might be hard to come by.

Certainly if Australia are batting after lunch tomorrow questions need asked. Got the feeling Australia are set for an immensly frustrating draw.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I doubt Harris will play any more than 4 or 5 tests in a row, injury prone. Quite like the look of Pattinson, but i'd pick Bollinger ahead of him, and Johnson too. Not a Johnson fan. Dougeh!!!!!!!!!
I don't. He doesn't really look anything special to me. They already found their young talent with Copeland so I don't see see any reason to drag him around the test squad too. If he wants to prove that he belongs he better do it with ODIs since they are giving him chances there.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Haven't yet had a full day's play due mostly to bad light on days 1 and 2; I'm not sure there's much to be said for batting on. Bear in mind that the blokes they send out will need to get started again and quick runs might be hard to come by.

Certainly if Australia are batting after lunch tomorrow questions need asked. Got the feeling Australia are set for an immensly frustrating draw.
Ehh just declare it seems like a good enough lead.

Btw, great work from Marsh I always liked him and its good that he has secured a spot at the first chance he got. Now its Hughes vs Khawaja obviously. I would prefer if Hughes got the shot he has looked in better touch but has been unlucky.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain

Btw, great work from Marsh I always liked him and its good that he has secured a spot at the first chance he got. Now its Hughes vs Khawaja obviously. I would prefer if Hughes got the shot he has looked in better touch but has been unlucky.
Why would one innings over-ride the choices made at the beginning of the series? The selectors must believe that Ussie and Hughes are worth persisting with.

I'd love it if Marsh was given even half the chances that Hughes is getting because I far prefer watching him but I can't see it happening and I'm not even sure it should on the back of one innings no matter how disciplined.

Actually stuff all that, discipline when batting is so foreign now let him and Huss bat wherever they bloody well want and everyone else can do a lucky dip for the rest.:@

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Given Marsh's success on debut, how many of you would phone Ponting and say "listen mate, just enjoy your new arrival and look after your missus for just now, we've got this covered"?

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain

Exactly how unlucky has Hughes been? Since the Perth test, he's mostly got out nicking to wickie or slips.

That's not unlucky. Tha'ts just getting out.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Less than five IMO. And three of them would Marsh, Khawaja and Hughes...
If I'd played alongside Punter and watched him lose the plot on various occasions plus having been brainwashed about how he's the best Aus batsmen since Bradman, icon, legend and all that, I don't think I'd be game.

Can't see Clarke having the front either.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Exactly how unlucky has Hughes been? Since the Perth test, he's mostly got out nicking to wickie or slips.

That's not unlucky. Tha'ts just getting out.
Unlucky in this series is what I meant. Especially in the first test when he got out from a DRS error and a very good ball which wasn't really his fault.

Why would one innings over-ride the choices made at the beginning of the series? The selectors must believe that Ussie and Hughes are worth persisting with.
Except those selectors are gone now. Besides I don't think even Hidilch and Chappel would have been dumb enough not give a guy who scored a ton in his debut innings more chances.

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Unlucky in this series is what I meant. Especially in the first test when he got out from a DRS error and a very good ball which wasn't really his fault.

Except those selectors are gone now. Besides I don't think even Hidilch and Chappel would have been dumb enough not give a guy who scored a ton in his debut innings more chances.
I thought Chappell was still over there selecting with Clarke. Or do I have that wrong?