• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, when his parents emigrated should he have stayed behind and got himself a bachelor flat?
Much like Strauss and Prior should have.

No problem with them picking him as he has spent his cricket education in the crims system.

It is funny though after all the moaning they did about ours that they now have more foreigners in their side than we do.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I though Australia's bowling since tea was pretty awful. Smith's captaincy of Lyon was poor too. I would have kept him on longer, despite the 4s that were hit off him (2 in 2 overs).

I LOVED the declaration. It was a masterstroke, even if it doesn't pay off. Having said that, the ball doesn't look like it's doing a whole lot. I hope that Khawaja and Renshaw can see out the night and both go large.

Spark

Global Moderator
I though Australia's bowling since tea was pretty awful. Smith's captaincy of Lyon was poor too. I would have kept him on longer, despite the 4s that were hit off him (2 in 2 overs).

I LOVED the declaration. It was a masterstroke, even if it doesn't pay off. Having said that, the ball doesn't look like it's doing a whole lot. I hope that Khawaja and Renshaw can see out the night and both go large.
Might have been a blessing in disguise that Warner was scratched out, these two have played the situation more or less perfectly.

harsh.ag

What on earth is a smoggie? And why are his parents failures? Intrigued to hear.
A Smoggie or Smoggy is a name given to people from the Middlesbrough area in Teesside, north east England, originating with visiting football supporters. It is a contraction of 'smog monster'.

Originally, this was a term of abuse for supporters of Middlesbrough F.C. coined by their Sunderland A.F.C.counterparts. The name was meant to refer to the pollution once allegedly produced by the local petrochemical industry, and from Dorman Long. Though, at first, Smoggie was used as a pejorative term, it has become an example of reappropriation with many people now proudly calling themselves 'Smoggies'.
Wikipedia

TheJediBrah

Some poms on here trying to claim Renshaw?

lol itstl

Anyway started listening to the radio and heard Khawaja was in and got annoyed that we lost a wicket. How can you not love Day-Night Tests? Just these tactics are fascinating. Saffas declaring, Warner not sent out . . . great cricket

morgieb

lol itstl

Anyway started listening to the radio and heard Khawaja was in and got annoyed that we lost a wicket. How can you not love Day-Night Tests? Just these tactics are fascinating. Saffas declaring, Warner not sent out . . . great cricket
Warner wasn't sent out because he spent too long off the field and wasn't allowed to open. It isn't some masterstroke by TPC.

stephen

lol itstl

Warner would be out there if he was allowed to be. He went off for treatment and wasn't allowed to open.

Marius

International Debutant
So, Renshaw and his family are failures because they left a place that mackemboy says a terrible place?

Interesting viewpoint I suppose.

vcs

FFS, and Black_Warrior was complaining that Asian cricket fans tend to be the most jingoistic and parochial.

mackembhoy doing a fine job of disproving him here.

mackembhoy

International Regular
What on earth is a smoggie? And why are his parents failures? Intrigued to hear.
Folk from Middlesbrough. Where they have extra limbs from incestual relationships and the sky is awash with smog from the factories.

See Ridley Scott's blade runner his inspiration Middlesbrough.

I'm being tongue and cheek as I dont actually care. But his dad failed to get him to remain English.

Gnske

Renshaw vs Shamsi will be interesting, can back cut with some foot work but otherwise his scoring option is dancing down the wicket.