• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if teams are ever going to get to the point that they ODI mode it during the day just so they've got the bowling conditions at night?
In a rare show of hubris, I predicted this would be the case before our day-night Test. The way it hooped in that Test, and if it does it again, it'll be an absolute deadset tactic.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, that's one thing I genuinely hate regardless of where it is. Clap 50s, ****s.
This is a tricky issue in cricket as it's mainly played at a national level, between national teams and people do tend to get prickly about nationalism..especially these days. This is going to sound bad and I am going to get in trouble but I am going to say it anyway. The Asian teams are absolutely horrible in this regard. Jingoism triumps all notion of fair play and merit.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
De Kock was looking completely untroubled too, massive wicket with a great ball too. Superb cricket all-round.

Blocky

Banned
Can we stop wrongfully over-rating youth talent like QDK after a few nice shots in the innings?

Faf and the lower order should just go after it and try get themselves bowling tonight.

Spark

Global Moderator
Would be curious to know the general thinking behind Starc going around the wicket to Faf. Seems that it's just playing straight into how he sets up at the crease.

EDIT: Haha and literally enxt ball

SeamUp

International Coach
At work so can't watch. But having seen the first session and large chunk of 2nd session I reckon 230 is competitive if it continues like this the whole test.