• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

aussie tragic

International Captain
Problem solved, 32 year old Callum Ferguson called up to make his debut in Hobart, with Burns also replacing Sean Marsh due broken finger

Marius

International Debutant
Neville Cardus is also a Saffa but I don't see him post too much outside the Cricket Books thread.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Great win for us in the end. Superb fight back.

Regarding selection. I like the Pretorius call up, just because I am keen to see what he can do should get the chance. I do agree with the sentiment that SA will most likely be conservative and just replace Steyn with Abbot or Morkel, which either or, I would be happy with and understand the argument for.

As far as the whole "village" comment. Im with the consensus. It was a pretty dumb thing to say, but that's all it was, dumb. Move on.

And glad to be part of the growing SA member base here on CW. Been mostly a fly on the wall for last couple of years, but definitely looking to become a more active poster.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
And with this test, Bavuma is my favorite player next to QdK. Seriously impossible not the love the little guy.

Quaggas

State Captain
gg, admit to being rather depressed when Steyn was injured.

Winning in Amanzimtoti East is one thing, excited for game next in 9th circle of Hell.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Great win for the Proteas. I didn't write them off after day 1 but I didn't expect that type of comeback without Dale, AB and no contribution from Hash.

I've been really impressed with Maharaj. The main problem SA have have had with the Test spinners is the bad ball every over. It cost Tahir his Test career and cost Harmer his place as well. Piedt just hasn't been the same since his injury.

I don't have an issue with the Pretorius call up. I do think that would have been Parnell if he was fit though.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure we do. Our team being this garbage is enough to drive a dozen different threads.
Yeah... I was going to comment that I think they are in the Aus team selection thread.... don`t want to hear all the Saffa gloating.

Still can`t get the smile off my face...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
What I meant was that in the past, regardless of positive result for you guys or not, [insert team here] vs South Africa threads would be mostly the other team's supporters posting. Or just assorted nationality posters with Seam Up holding the fort. It's great to have plenty of Saffer support these days. And, not going to lie, especially in an Australian tour thread.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aahh The Original I think. Pretty sure his username was Langeveldt before.
Nah two completely different posters. Neville Cardus was active when Langeveldt was.

Langeveldt is the "why does cricket need a strong West Indies?" guy to the newer generation. And something more to the oldfags.

Heboric

International Debutant
So so proud of the boys got a bit nervous with the Nevill/Hazlewood partnership, got nightmares of those England matches at Centurion and Newlands 8 ish years ago.

To fellow Saffa''s does this beat Sydney 1994 or where does this fit on the list.

Every SA bowler praying that Faf wins the toss for the next match and bats.

Not going to guess who is in or who bats where for next match, although I dont think AB should open when he comes back.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Nah two completely different posters. Neville Cardus was active when Langeveldt was.

Langeveldt is the "why does cricket need a strong West Indies?" guy to the newer generation. And something more to the oldfags.
Oh right. Thought Neville's style was similar to Langeveldt but should have remembered the latter lives on Mud Island.

It's come back to me now that Langeveldt started that thread. Pretty sure he is the original Saffer on here.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Philander is such an underrated batsman, this second innings knock rates up there with the one against Sri Lanka to win the series.

Without that last 100 run partnership and the Bavuma runout I think Australia could have gotten close.

Last edited: