• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well good thing he has a reason to skip the next two games then
He'll want to play the day night test if the wicket looks grassy

This deceleration nonsense has also infected cricinfo now. 145 overs might not be enough! South Africa might really regret not having 150 overs to bowl Australia out!! Durr, Durr. All, from whiny Aussies begging for a declaration, while also proclaiming South Africa to be "too defensive".
Worst post I've seen for a while. Bookmarking this to come back and have a laugh at if Australia get a draw because SA didn't have enough overs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke is a decent commentator. He makes good points and attempts to think from the perspective of the players on the field rather than just tell us how it should be done like Warne.

morgieb

This aus team lacks players who are capable of playing a blockathon

Currentely most of them are free flowing stroke makers which is not going to work unless warner pulls out a blaze
Nevill tried in Sri Lanka IIRC.

Voges could do it I guess.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
He'll want to play the day night test if the wicket looks grassy

Worst post I've seen for a while. Bookmarking this to come back and have a laugh at if Australia get a draw because SA didn't have enough overs.
Bookmark away.

I can't be bothered bookmarking the numerous whiny posts begging for a mercy declaration. So I'll just tell the morons going "Nooooo WTF . Declare now!! What if 142 overs is not enough? What if they need 144? Sooo defensive!!!! Steve Waugh would have declared by now!!! They're just giving Australia a chance to draw now!!!" to castrate themselves after Australia are bowled out with plenty of overs left. Painfully.

TheJediBrah

Bookmark away.

I can't be bothered bookmarking the numerous whiny posts begging for a mercy declaration. So I'll just tell the morons going "Nooooo WTF . Declare now!! What if 142 overs is not enough? What if they need 144? Sooo defensive!!!! Steve Waugh would have declared by now!!! They're just giving Australia a chance to draw now!!!" to castrate themselves after Australia are bowled out with plenty of overs left. Painfully.
lol you think they need more than 550 runs more than they need more than 145 overs?

Because that's exactly what you're saying

If you honestly think that, that's fine. Otherwise you're engaging in an extreme logical fallacy

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Declarations. Honestly, I think the discussions thereof is an Australian past-time, and if you don't indulge in the topic you're un-Australian to use that horribly stigmatic term.

I swear I remember a Test where Ian Healy and Brayshaw were in commentary, Warner blocked the first ball of the match and they started discussing when would be the best time to declare on this pitch. (any suggestions it must've been a Test v NZ can get ****ed).

ajdude

International Coach
they're talking about part timers in Cook and Bavuma maybe having to bowl, what about Du Plessis himself? wasn't he a frontline leggie before he got bunted up the order and made runs?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I swear that looked out live, not sure why there was no celebration and the comms thought he was home.