• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Gob

International Coach
KG back, Starceh ok to play, My penis is slowly getting back to its best all i need now is Smitteh to fire and all will be well

Bolo

State Captain
I've been billed both ways- on days when they aren't being heard it's a portion of time. When they are being heard it's a day rate- difficult to bill by the hour when they might only be heard for a few minutes but stuck at a court the entire day waiting/only a few minutes as chance will have it.

SeamUp

International Coach
All good news for a great Test.... and the weather looks good as well.
Beauty of a Mediterranean climate. Predictable weather.

March the best time of year as the Cape doctor seems to be getting less frequent and the heat not as bad as it can be but still nice and warm.

SeamUp

International Coach
The advocates I do work for charge by hour for consulting and obviously by day if booked for a court appearance.

They milk money but I guess when they still stuck in their chambers at night theydeserve the rewards for their work.

SeamUp

International Coach
What sort of pitch can we expect?
Normal good cricket wicket. No orders from CSA - just free reign to produce a normal pitch.

It’ll definitely seam around early,’ said Flint. ‘This time of year it’s cooler in the mornings, so there’s more moisture,’ he said. ‘We might get a bit of reverse late, days four and five, but generally, this isn’t a reverse-swing kind of ground.’

SeamUp

International Coach
The Deano Elgar Baby Bonanza is on Saturday. Don't forget New Years Test Match 2017 the massive Elgar Support Brigade. Well they back ! Supposedly they missed the India Test because the BCCI moved it and they were on their honeymoon.

Look out for them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith critical of Rabada's successful appeal - ESPNcricinfo

"The ICC have set the standard, haven't they? There was clearly contact out in the middle," Smith said in Cape Town ahead of Thursday's third Test. "I certainly won't be telling my bowlers to go out there and after you take a wicket go and get in their space. I don't think that is on and part of the game.
I don't think Smith understands the deliberate contact aspect of the case.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The rule itself is pretty vague, states both ‘inappropriate’ and ‘deliberate’. Depending on who you are, you could probably find Rabada in contravention of the former, not the latter, and keep the charge. Or you could do what Heron apparently did and interpret the rule as needing to satisfy both components for the charge to be proven.

Either way, as I said, Rabada being back is ****ing fabulous for the series. 1-1, all the stuff that’s come before, every one of the Saffer and Aussie squad would be bleeding to play this game.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Smith showing his two faced nature for the whole world to see. Claims after the last test he wants kg to play now having a cry after it actually happens...

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith showing his two faced nature for the whole world to see. Claims after the last test he wants kg to play now having a cry after it actually happens...
It's not two-faced to say you wish a guy was playing but still wish for that guy to be punished for attempted physical assault.

the big bambino

International Captain
Laager mentality still strong I see. Have to hate the other guy not good enough to just oppose them. Besides I think he said you always like to play against the best but was noncommittal on Rabada playing. Which is your pretty bog standard answer to the predictable post match question. I think the only discrepancy was btwn what Smith said and the misleading headline above it.

cnerd123

likes this
Smith critical of Rabada's successful appeal - ESPNcricinfo

I don't think Smith understands the deliberate contact aspect of the case.
Smith's acting like a whiny little kid. The man following the footsteps of Allan Border is having a moan because someone dare to graze past him on the cricket field.

Just STFU and crush them with weight of runs and win the series 3-1. Stop crying because the big mean fast bowler didn't get banned.

Anyone remember Dravid talking down Akhtar? Now that's how a real man behaves.

If that was Steve Smith he might have shed a tear and call for his security blanket. Pathetic attitude here. STFU and get on with the cricket geez.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm assuming of course that Smith wouldn't already breakdown from the immense pressure of being an Indian cricketer playing against Pakistan in an ODI in the early 2000s.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith's acting like a whiny little kid. The man following the footsteps of Allan Border is having a moan because someone dare to graze past him on the cricket field.

Just STFU and crush them with weight of runs and win the series 3-1. Stop crying because the big mean fast bowler didn't get banned.

Anyone remember Dravid talking down Akhtar? Now that's how a real man behaves.

If that was Steve Smith he might have shed a tear and call for his security blanket. Pathetic attitude here. STFU and get on with the cricket geez.
Pathetic from Dravid, clearly initiated the contact and then gets mad about it.