• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Oh dear, I wonder where all this will end. Boys playing boys cricket - that's a new "line"

Cameron Bancroft expects Australia will use Vernon Philander's "hacked" tweet blaming Steven Smith for body contact with Kagiso Rabada as gamesmanship on the field in the third Test at Newlands, and doubts that a fractious series will get any quieter should Rabada's two-match ban be upheld at an ICC appeal hearing.

Philander explained he had been hacked the morning after his account featured a tweet suggesting Smith was "trying football skills to get a penalty" and was "just as guilty" as Rabada. However, Rabada himself has since stated that he takes responsibility for the confrontation, which followed his dismissal of Smith on day one of the Port Elizabeth Test.

Asked whether the tweet would be raised on the field, Bancroft offered a frank perspective on the Australians' on-field attitude when trying to get the game running their way. "If our banter is anything like it has gone this series I'm sure it will be brought up at some stage to get under someone's nerves," Bancroft said. "That's boys being boys playing cricket. Who can hurt someone's feelings the most. It seems to be a bit that way.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I'm off on a break for nine days starting this evening. Hope to catch some of the game while sitting in quiet repose at the resort pool or alternatively in a sports bar somewhere. Do try to behave yourselves ffs. You're all, for the most part, terrible, terrible people. But I do love you.

vcs

Why is Bancroft chirping in press conferences FFS

Get your head down and score some bloody runs first.

Chrish

International Debutant
SA pitches also show the quality of a batsmen more than other places.... with the variation in and different challenges each pitch provides, along with continuous movement throughout a match. A hundred in SA is generally worth a heck lot more than some of the doubles else where in the world. And tends to show real class of players versus pretend class. Kohli in the recent series, was a really good example, Tendulkar, Ponting in the past. Handling the conditions far better than all the rest of the pretenders.
In other words, Smith is a pretender :ph34r:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Administrators really should have started this test tomorrow. None of them realise tomorrow is a pub holiday..

SeamUp

International Coach
Administrators really should have started this test tomorrow. None of them realise tomorrow is a pub holiday..
I was thinking about this too. It's not like a long weekend where people may go up the coast or along the coast for a quick quiet family get away too.

To put it simply the test had to start tomorrow and with the long break it's ideal.

Spikey

Well, I'm off on a break for nine days starting this evening. Hope to catch some of the game while sitting in quiet repose at the resort pool or alternatively in a sports bar somewhere. Do try to behave yourselves ffs. You're all, for the most part, terrible, terrible people. But I do love you.
But what about parramatta?