• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Heboric

International Debutant
Laager mentality still strong I see. Have to hate the other guy not good enough to just oppose them. Besides I think he said you always like to play against the best but was noncommittal on Rabada playing. Which is your pretty bog standard answer to the predictable post match question. I think the only discrepancy was btwn what Smith said and the misleading headline above it.
Did you actually read the article, he wasnt being cordial at all

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All I know is that there is no way starc would have been let off like that.

No matter, the next test should be a cracker.

wow smith starting to sound like whiney b*#!h now....I hope Rabada puts him in his place. For years now the national cricket team has been known to be utterly disrespectful to opposition teams we play. They made it clear they would provoke Rabada and also requested that stump mics be turned down so that they can turn up the abuse. It really is pathetic...although the Saffers hold a few demerit points they are not known for being a disrespectful petty bunch of cricketers. The whole cricketing world knows Australia holds that title. With regards to the hearing it doesn't take an advocate to point out the inconsistent application of the rules and the manner in which other cases have been handled by the ICC in the past to deduce that Rabada did not deserve a ban. That being said the young man must learn self-control if wants to play test cricket in the future.

Spark

Global Moderator
wow smith starting to sound like whiney b*#!h now....I hope Rabada puts him in his place. For years now the national cricket team has been known to be utterly disrespectful to opposition teams we play. They made it clear they would provoke Rabada and also requested that stump mics be turned down so that they can turn up the abuse. It really is pathetic...although the Saffers hold a few demerit points they are not known for being a disrespectful petty bunch of cricketers. The whole cricketing world knows Australia holds that title. With regards to the hearing it doesn't take an advocate to point out the inconsistent application of the rules and the manner in which other cases have been handled by the ICC in the past to deduce that Rabada did not deserve a ban. That being said the young man must learn self-control if wants to play test cricket in the future.
cool story tom tucker from "perth"

Spark

Global Moderator
anyway given that "troll accounts are trying to pass off as the opposing team's nationality" is a sure sign that the debate has jumped the shark, can we make this thread about the cricket and leave the disciplinary stuff to the other thread now

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I was going to pretend I was from Australia and make a moronic comment I'd probably go with Perth too. Makes it more believable.

Bolo

State Captain
Game preview thoughts:

Newlands is a good place to be a bowler, of just about any sort.

New ball will be critical. The ground usually offers seam and swing upfront. Reverse is likely to be less of a factor due to innings being shorter and pitch less abrasive.

There's usually enough in the pitch for spinners, but spinners don't tend to win games there, and don't always even get to bowl.

I'm predicting less than 1000 runs in the game, judging from past results and the quality of the bowlers, but the pitch may be playing a lot slower than normal with the drought, and if teams can get through the new ball, they may find batting a bit easier.

Cummins to be the best bowler for AUS. Assuming he doesn't open, he needs to come on very quickly unless the other two are both taking wickets. Hazelwood to be more threatening and starc less threatening than the rest of the series.

Rabada and Philander to both take a bunch for RSA. 3rd quick needs to pitch it up or will have some issues taking wickets.

South Africa are favourites, but a match between these two sides is always a coin flip

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
anyway given that "troll accounts are trying to pass off as the opposing team's nationality" is a sure sign that the debate has jumped the shark, can we make this thread about the cricket and leave the disciplinary stuff to the other thread now
Ah apologies, missed this comment.