• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hoping Australia doesn't get overawed being in an away series decider against this all time great side. I think our lads would be happy just to be on the same field

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
also just watched the highlights for Aus' innings - so, so relieved to see that boult hitting over 140 consistently. Even if he bowls 130-135 in the tests it's important that he has that extra bit of juice in the tank instead of struggling to scrape 130

Burgey

I expect him to reverse it both ways at his usual 165kph from the third over tbh. You don't take 2,864 test wickets at 0.003 like he has for nothing mate.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
also just watched the highlights for Aus' innings - so, so relieved to see that boult hitting over 140 consistently. Even if he bowls 130-135 in the tests it's important that he has that extra bit of juice in the tank instead of struggling to scrape 130
Boult was consistently in the high 130s in the first match as well. As far as I'm concerned the old Boult is back.

Edit: Henry got it up to 143 at one point. Given the smoothness of his action I wonder if this will become a regular thing.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Joel Paris is in the squad for the injured Kane Richardson. I think the Test selectors would have been better off making the decision out of Bird and Sayers and then with the final selection going for Paris. I know he has only played a handful of First Class matches but he is seriously impressive and offers something different to the other 5 right arm quicks who are going for 3 spots.

Howsie

International Captain
Old Boult would clean the Aussie's up for 150 like he use to do all the time.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect him to reverse it both ways at his usual 165kph from the third over tbh. You don't take 2,864 test wickets at 0.003 like he has for nothing mate.
C'mon, someone bite...........that's ****ing awesome, stinky bait and so well presented.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
A question that just occurred to me: is Tim Southee still an A team ODI player?

The received wisdom was that when Southee recovered from his injury he would replace Henry again, as usual. But it's starting to look like Henry is clearly better than Southee now. Obviously you can't drop Boult because he is the world No. 1 and it seems like Milne has the 3rd seamer role sewn up with his pace a point of difference.

Will Southee be dropped from the ODI side? Or will we go with Boult, Henry and Southee if we are fully fit?

Given how well Milne and Henry can bat I think there's an argument for all four of them in the ODI side.

Gob

International Coach
Hoping Australia doesn't get overawed being in an away series decider against this all time great side. I think our lads would be happy just to be on the same field
I guess the results are just irrelevant here. They just have to forget about winning and just enjoy the experience of being on the same field with absolute giants of the game like 'old Trent Boult' cos they'll never play cricket at the same level ever again. Just enjoy the ride I guess

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

The received wisdom was that when Southee recovered from his injury he would replace Henry again, as usual. But it's starting to look like Henry is clearly better than Southee now. Obviously you can't drop Boult because he is the world No. 1 and it seems like Milne has the 3rd seamer role sewn up with his pace a point of difference.

Will Southee be dropped from the ODI side? Or will we go with Boult, Henry and Southee if we are fully fit?

Given how well Milne and Henry can bat I think there's an argument for all four of them in the ODI side.
Southee should replace either Milne or Santner depending on conditions. Henry shouldn't be touched at the moment.

Zinzan

You're a bit late on this one, the question's been discussed several times in the last month or so.

More recently and since Southee's 7-fer against England, his return has been an atrocious 8 wickets @ 76 and an ER of 6.73.

Even the dearest Southee fan-bois would struggle arguing that he should be in the no.1 XI now.

He's not knocking off Henry or Milne currently & like you say hard to see him replacing Boult given he's the no.1 ranked ODI bowler, although Boult can still be hit or miss.