• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Santner won't figure in this game. This is turning out to be one of those hospital ward seasons.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I expect him to reverse it both ways at his usual 165kph from the third over tbh. You don't take 2,864 test wickets at 0.003 like he has for nothing mate.
I think what we can all appreciate about Trent is that despite the above, he's still such a grounded and humble man with a winning smile. I don't think he'd be above giving the Australian bowlers a few tips or, for a small donation to charity, signing an autograph or two. We all have our crosses to bear and Trent may struggle at times with being both handsome and ridiculously talented, however he should know that the NZ fans here at cricket web can always provide a sympathetic ear and lend support, having borne the same burdens ourselves, .

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Batting first again, need to start like the last two matches but this time, the top 3-4 need to make the platform count.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The argument for Southee over a few of these guys is that Henry and Boult are more or less first 35 overs bowlers and less trusted at the death. Southee is still our go to death bowler. It's a difficult call though on current balance, Henry has been great and Boult is sorta looking like his self a year ago. Ideally Southee would be taking one of those two spots because Milne provides some variety in the 3rd seamer role and Southee/Henry/Boult are new ball bowlers. You could probably do something like open the bowling with Boult/Southee and take Boult (or Southee if Boult is on fire) off after 3 overs, bringing him back on at the other end when Southee finishes up his spell. With two new balls it might be effective.

I wouldn't know what my full strength XI would be atm.

Without too much thought I'd say

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls (Elliott)
Watling (+)
Anderson
Santa
Southee
Henry
Boult

When McCullum goes, having Latham take that spot or #3 and Williamson open makes a lot of sense too. Could give him the gloves and keep Elliott or an allrounder in the mix as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** you Zampa. How don't you back that up? AB quite rightly calling it out for he piece of **** fielding it was

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn it. But that's a really good catch.

Still, congrats on a remarkable ODI career.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Yup, as a representative innings that felt quite right.

Will be strange not to see him at the top in limited overs after this.