• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
Dire, but expected.
That's true, but seriously wtf is wrong with the Aussie selectors, they are making Symonds' comeback sound like some physco-therapy in progress, i mean for ffs the guy is back playing domestic cricket, he has apologised for his actions, and now what more do you want him to do in order to prove he is good enough to be back in the Australian team, obviously if after all this he does anything moronic again then just axe him from the side for good, but tbh the current attitude of the Aussie selectors is beyond me.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Selecting him would be admitting they made a mistake and, as we all know, that just wont happen

I like the comment "he's back playing cricket"

He never stopped playing, dickhead

Anyway, my money is on Shaun Marsh

He's done nothing to deserve it but as this team hasnt been selected on merit anyway, he fits the criteria
I would go for Hodge, so the selectors will probably pick anyone but Hodge.

masterblaster

International Captain
So happy that Gambhir finally converted a good score into a ton today. Played a fantastic knock. Hoping Dhoni can really tee off now and push this lead out to 500.

social

What about Shaun Marsh? He was superb during the IPL.
My Mum could score runs in the IPL

The fact is that Shaun Marsh is barely established as a fc player

Unfortunately, his face fits so they'll probably pick him when he should actually be learning how to bat in matches where the bowlers have a half decent chance of bowling to a plan

biased indian

International Coach
All the more reason for giving enough overs to the bowlers to bowl Australia out. 500 is not a small score dear and giving Australia 150 overs will mean them scoring @ at least 3:25 runs per over. They have not done that in this series so far despite having some of the best conditions for batting. I dont see them winning this test match.
you said 400+......500 i have no problem with dear :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
I would love Aussie to come to Pakistan this March would expect Yousuf to go on another record spree against this bowling lineup.

Precambrian

Banned
Wow, that certainly proves Social's mum is better than a certain Ricky Ponting.

I understand the Aussie system, where the players are drilled through the hard FC circuit before they get an Internationals call. But watching Shaun Marsh, and the elegance he exuded, it wasnt just slog. I think he's got a bright future. More like A Cook in 2005.

pup11

International Coach
My Mum could score runs in the IPL

The fact is that Shaun Marsh is barely established as a fc player

Unfortunately, his face fits so they'll probably pick him when he should actually be learning how to bat in matches where the bowlers have a half decent chance of bowling to a plan

Welcome to the forums Sir Geoffrey..............:ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What about Shaun Marsh? He was superb during the IPL.
The IPL should not play such a role in selection. If someone has a good First Class record over an extended period then sure, it adds to his resume as far as experience in Indian conditions is concerned, but we shouldn't go around picking players for Test cricket who have average First Class records just because they belted a few runs in a domestic Twenty20 competition. It'd be madness. Marsh has only had one good season and he was outshone even then by several players of better quality.

I rate the guy technically and as one of great potential, but he shouldn't be near Test selection yet AFAIC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would go for Hodge, so the selectors will probably pick anyone but Hodge.
Well Hodge played in the West Indies and did well so consistency would dictate it would indeed be him. What could count against him though is how horrible he looked in India when he played that ODI series.

social

Wow, that certainly proves Social's mum is better than a certain Ricky Ponting.

I understand the Aussie system, where the players are drilled through the hard FC circuit before they get an Internationals call. But watching Shaun Marsh, and the elegance he exuded, it wasnt just slog. I think he's got a bright future. More like A Cook in 2005.
As Dayle Steyn said "the IPL is a paid holiday"

Shaun Marsh shouldnt be anywhere near the test team - he might have talent but he simply doesnt have the performances on the board to justify selection before players with years of outstanding returns

Craig

World Traveller
When is declaration time? I would give Australia a half hour before tea. Give the Zed and Ishy a very attacking field, walk up and put my arm around each one and say "get me a wicket before tea".