• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Can KS Bharat open ?
I don't think he's ever done it at domestic level, all the scorecards i've seen him in had him in the middle order. Doubt he'de outperform rahul even if he did given his first class record, the quality of Australia's attack and the difficulty of opening in India.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Lyon is obviously very good but will the likes of Agar provide good enough support to be able to trouble India's batting line up, I'm not so sure.
Mate without Pant and potentially Jadeja in there, I’d fancy my chances to trouble this Indian batting line up at the moment

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Think people are overrating Australia a little bit.

it wasn’t that long ago they got pasted by an innings in Sri Lanka and India are a better team than Sri Lanka even sans Pant and Bumrah. The current Aussie side are not a patch on the Australian side of 2004 and despite some of the commentary on the roar, they are not an atg side in the making.
Also, I think the concerns over indias batting are a bit overblown.

if Rohit plays Indias batting looks a lot stronger. Rohit didn’t play in South Africa or the fifth test at edgbaston and I think Shreyas iyer is an upgrade on Rahane in Indian conditions.

kohli and Pujara have only had two bad series at home and one of those against Englandwas on some fairly extreme wickets. Both of them average well north of 50 in Indian conditions and I don’t think Kohli is indecline - he is massively due for runs and Andrew McDonald will be wary of that.

it’s too close to call. Australia definitely have a chance but India still look pretty strong to me.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

it wasn’t that long ago they got pasted by an innings in Sri Lanka and India are a better team than Sri Lanka even sans Pant and Bumrah. The current Aussie side are not a patch on the Australian side of 2004 and despite some of the commentary on the roar, they are not an atg side in the making.

if Rohit plays Indias batting looks a lot stronger. Rohit didn’t play in South Africa or the fifth test at edgbaston and I think Shreyas iyer is an upgrade on Rahane in Indian conditions.

kohli and Pujara have only had two bad series at home and one of those against Englandwas on some fairly extreme wickets. Both of them average well north of 50 in Indian conditions and I don’t think Kohli is indecline - he is massively due for runs and Andrew McDonald will be wary of that.

it’s too close to call. Australia definitely have a chance but India still look pretty strong to me.
Australia came close in their last tour with a worse team against a stronger India

O’Keefe missing is huge though tbf

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

I think your forgetting that Australia pantsed the same Sri lankan side by 10 wickets in 3 days the test before that and beat a pakistan side with naseem, shaheen and hasan ali all fit for the whole series in pak before that. Thinking Australia have a chance here with pant and bumrah missing and jadeja's fitness being a concern seems fine.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Australia came close in their last tour with a worse team against a stronger India

O’Keefe missing is huge though tbf
Are India really weaker than in 2017 ?
Look at their top 5 that won at dharamshala in 2017

Vijay, rahul, pujara, rahane and nair

V 2023
Rohit, gill, pujara, kohli, iyer