• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you reckon Siraj > Shami? I’d be tempted to play the latter but l can’t say I’ve been following how they’ve both been going lately
If fully fit then Shami but not much in it today. Siraj is a very skillful bowler now. His batting and fielding are abysmal though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For some reason I thought this tour was March into April, but it starts 9 Feb. Fantastic.

Gonna put it out there and say if he’s fit for all four tests Starc will take most wickets by a quick on either side. Guy has his **** together these days. Just a hunch on my part but may as well put it out there.

The second spinner is really Aus’ biggest weakness. None of the potential starters exactly instils confidence.

Gob

International Coach
For some reason I thought this tour was March into April, but it starts 9 Feb. Fantastic.

Gonna put it out there and say if he’s fit for all four tests Starc will take most wickets by a quick on either side. Guy has his **** together these days. Just a hunch on my part but may as well put it out there.

The second spinner is really Aus’ biggest weakness. None of the potential starters exactly instils confidence.
Murphy is good but won't be picked due to the obvious reason

That plus Warner and Head and I like Head

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On a serious note, forget Murphy the nerd and Agar that flatscalp freak. Starc / Cummins keeping things tight for Lyon will be the key to keeping India's totals somewhere down to something we can compete with.

Them losing Pant is a huge plus in that respect. Thank god the man can't drive.

Xix2565

International Regular
Don't get why people want India to go full Jason Roy with Ishan Kishan/SKY as selections. Stick to actual Test players/candidates.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Don't get why people want India to go full Jason Roy with Ishan Kishan/SKY as selections. Stick to actual Test players/candidates.
neither are Jason Roy type selections though. SKY has been good in fc cricket whenever he plays and Kishan has played previously for India A. I still wouldn’t select the latter as first choice but he isn’t a wild pick

Xix2565

International Regular
neither are Jason Roy type selections though. SKY has been good in fc cricket whenever he plays and Kishan has played previously for India A. I still wouldn’t select the latter as first choice but he isn’t a wild pick
I mean there are better options available who've also played India A games before so that doesn't fly at all.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I mean there are better options available who've also played India A games before so that doesn't fly at all.
who else is there for the keeper batsman position other than Upendra Yadav? I don’t think SKY should play ahead of Sarfaraz Khan for one but the more I think about it there aren’t a lot of alternatives to those two especially Kishan

Xix2565

International Regular
who else is there for the keeper batsman position other than Upendra Yadav? I don’t think SKY should play ahead of Sarfaraz Khan for one but the more I think about it there aren’t a lot of alternatives to those two especially Kishan
I mean we'll see when they announce the squad, but I don't think there's much to worry about regarding keepers like everyone seems to think. If KS is fit he walks in 100%.

OverratedSanity

Bumrah might miss the series too. This is shaping up to be a bit of a catastrophic runup to the series India. Going to be far too dependant on Jadeja, who's just returning from injury, to basically do everything.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Bumrah might miss the series too. This is shaping up to be a bit of a catastrophic runup to the series India. Going to be far too dependant on Jadeja, who's just returning from injury, to basically do everything.

Not too much of a loss in India. Shami and Siraj should start with Umesh in stand-by. At worst, we will have the great Umadkat to replace him.

If they say the same about Jadeja, then that's a loss.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
So would this be the most likely Indian XI?
Gill, Rohit, Pujara, Kohli, Iyer, Jadeja, KS Bharat, Ashwin, Shami, Umesh, Siraj

Would especially love to see CoolDeep involved at some point in the series. An absolute craftsman at work
Any chance of Washington Sundar?

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The series will very much depend on the pitches its played on.

It the pitches turn alot then I fancy India as Australia's weakness in the SC is the lack of a good enough 2nd spinner.

Lyon is obviously very good but will the likes of Agar provide good enough support to be able to trouble India's batting line up, I'm not so sure.

Australia's strength is their seam bowling, but if they play on real turners, this advantage will be blunted.

The Aussie batting is also unproven in
Asia. Warner, Head, Labushchagne and Green have it all to prove. Khawaja hasnt played in India before but is excellent against spin and I'd expect both him and Smith to score good runs but if the Aussies are to win, then some of the others will have to score decent runs as well.

Burgey

So would this be the most likely Indian XI?
Gill, Rohit, Pujara, Kohli, Iyer, Jadeja, KS Bharat, Ashwin, Shami, Umesh, Siraj

Would especially love to see CoolDeep involved at some point in the series. An absolute craftsman at work
Any chance of Washington Sundar?
I'd have thought they're more likely to play the three spinners given Jadeja is only just returning from injury?