• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mukesh has been quietly impressive. Happy for him. Another of those rags to riches story that warms the heart. And he did it even without the IPL cheat code.

Gob

International Coach
Abbott batting about as well as he bowls.

He's from NSW though so he will probably get another chance.
He is a quality player who just had a bad game

Also existing at the same time as Cummins, Hazlewood and Starc doesn't help. Had he been a kiwi, he'd be a 75 test veteran by now

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah Abott is just destined to be a back up seamer imo. Can't judge him off one game but he if he was kiwi he'd be Milne. He's Australia's version of Prasidh Krishna. Gun franchise bowler but you don't expect him to set the world on fire in internationals. A true successor to Nathan Coulter Nile.

Gob

International Coach
Nah Abott is just destined to be a back up seamer imo. Can't judge him off one game but he if he was kiwi he'd be Milne. He's Australia's version of Prasidh Krishna. Gun franchise bowler but you don't expect him to set the world on fire in internationals. A true successor to Nathan Coulter Nile.
No

Socerer 01

International Captain
how many franchises has he even played for to be called gun in them

TheJediBrah

He is a quality player who just had a bad game

Also existing at the same time as Cummins, Hazlewood and Starc doesn't help. Had he been a kiwi, he'd be a 75 test veteran by now
Probably true but at the same time I don't think he's really that good.

Could say the same if he was a decade younger in the Aus team though. He'd be better than Hilfenhaus/Bollinger and probably be on about par with prime Siddle. Could have played 50 Tests

It's not like he's some gun that's been robbed off a Test career like MacGill, Hodge etc.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably true but at the same time I don't think he's really that good.

Could say the same if he was a decade younger in the Aus team though. He'd be better than Hilfenhaus/Bollinger and probably be on about par with prime Siddle. Could have played 50 Tests

It's not like he's some gun that's been robbed off a Test career like MacGill, Hodge etc.
Don’t mind Abbott but he’s not as good a cricketer as Neser and he’s only played a couple of tests

Burgey

Yeah and Mark Butcher made 170 odd to win a test vs McWarne in 2001 but was still cod ordinary. FMD even Shubman Gill has made a score at test level and he's embarrassing.

Hodge stayed leg side of the ball and couldn't cop it. Chronically over rated, but only by Victorians for the standard inferiority complex reasons.

Sunil1z

International Regular
My 5 year old has been watching the game with me and she just said "God made us lose the WC and is making us win this match. Its so useless."

Even she has realized these are JAM games :laugh:

EDIT - She actually said that with a proper face palm too.
My office friends believe that Aus are deliberately losing these T20 matches to keep Indian fans happy . They are saying how can SKY go from playing so bad to playing so well in matter of few days .

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
My office friends believe that Aus are deliberately losing these T20 matches to keep Indian fans happy . They are saying how can SKY go from playing so bad to playing so well in matter of few days .
I mean SKY has been horrid in ODIs, but a genius in T20s always(was Ind’s best player along with Kohli in the last WT20 as well, and played a surreal knock on a bouncy track vs SA).