• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Think Warner should have already been dropped if they didn’t want to take him overseas
I agree I dont think Warner should be playing Test cricket but the 200 he scored will probably save him.

Also later on in 2023 there is the tour to England. Warner has struggled in England too:

England
Matches: 13
Innings: 25
Ducks: 4
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 651
50: 7
100s: 0
Highest Score: 85
Average: 26.04

So if we combine both his stats for India and England, we get:

Total - England/India
Matches: 21
Innings: 41
Ducks: 5
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 1039
50: 10
100s: 0
Highest Score: 85
Average: 25.34

Flem274*

123/5
Was keen to see the rapid 3 pages of chat. Was sad when it was just bickering.

Australia to win, espcially if Jadeja is out. Just have a feeling. India seem to have a few wobbles on field and sadly off it. Smith and Labu look invincible atm and Cummins is an all conditions bowler.

Spark

Global Moderator
No reason to feel particularly confident about this but Jadeja and Pant being out is a huge, huge leveller between the sides. Not sure if the former is true though.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Again I never said that.

Problem lies in the supporting cast for me. Hazlewood has never looked potent in the sub continent and after that you've got Boland and Neser whom I'd assume to be as ineffective as Hazlewood. After that, its Morris who is yet to play test cricket full stop. Considering the improvements Starc has made to his red ball game (scramble seam) in recent times, it will be a massive downgrade regardless of who replaces him
I guess I have no idea how Boland and Neser would go but I think Hazlewood is still a bit better than you may give him credit for. Dunno if his injury will have an impact but he is one of those bowlers who will ask questions basically every ball. He may not produce the unplayable ball that Starc might but he also will not leak runs easily as Starc quite often does.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No reason to feel particularly confident about this but Jadeja and Pant being out is a huge, huge leveller between the sides. Not sure if the former is true though.
They're trying to get him match fit but you'd think there'd be a fair bit of ring rust there
Both Jadeja and Bumrah have been declared medically fit but BCCI is trying to manage their re-entry to international cricket and workloads. Bumrah is expected to play the LO series against NZ and work his way into full test match fitness that way. Jaddu is supposed to play one or two Ranji games and prove his match fitness.

Decent chance they may miss but at the moment, I think all signs point to both being available for all the tests.

Spark

Global Moderator
Both Jadeja and Bumrah have been declared medically fit but BCCI is trying to manage their re-entry to international cricket and workloads. Bumrah is expected to play the LO series against NZ and work his way into full test match fitness that way. Jaddu is supposed to play one or two Ranji games and prove his match fitness.

Decent chance they may miss but at the moment, I think all signs point to both being available for all the tests.
Yeah "lack of match practice" would be an odd reason to leave out two players of that calibre, especially when Jadeja was the main reason India won the last of these series.

I guess I have no idea how Boland and Neser would go but I think Hazlewood is still a bit better than you may give him credit for. Dunno if his injury will have an impact but he is one of those bowlers who will ask questions basically every ball. He may not produce the unplayable ball that Starc might but he also will not leak runs easily as Starc quite often does.
Starc hasn't been especially leaky in 2022 tbf. He's clearly stepped up his Test bowling to another level (at the cost of now being mostly ineffective with the white ball due to lack of consistent practice/gametime)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boland and, especially, Neser would not be particularly useful IMO

Cummins and Starc are the 2 who should be the most effective in Indian conditions by a long way, especially if Starc keeps bowling as well as he has been in the last year.

Daemon

Isn’t neser a bit skiddy? Those types tend to go ok if they bowl a tight line and are slightly full of a good length.

Burgey

I’m not really worried about the Aus bowling for this tour because the current Indian batting line up is nothing like what they fielded in the 2000s and there’s a enough decent bowlers for Aus to take wickets in India via Cummins, Starc and Lyon, but I don’t think the batting will get it done. Smith will do his thing and Khawaja is a very good slow wicket player, but the rest are mostly unproven in Asia and in Warner’s case ordinary there.

Unless Warner goes Graham Gooch (most unlikely) then Smith, Khawaja and probably Carey will need to score a lot of runs for this series to be competitive.

India deservedly heavy favourites l even without Pant. Hoping the balance of their blokes get up for it, you want to see the best players.

Same with Starc actually, by all reports he’s touch and go for the first half of the tour. Aus second spinner options are pretty ordinary too

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I’m not really worried about the Aus bowling for this tour because the current Indian batting line up is nothing like what they fielded in the 2000s and there’s a enough decent bowlers for Aus to take wickets in India via Cummins, Starc and Lyon, but I don’t think the batting will get it done. Smith will do his thing and Khawaja is a very good slow wicket player, but the rest are mostly unproven in Asia and in Warner’s case ordinary there.

Unless Warner goes Graham Gooch (most unlikely) then Smith, Khawaja and probably Carey will need to score a lot of runs for this series to be competitive.

India deservedly heavy favourites l even without Pant. Hoping the balance of their blokes get up for it, you want to see the best players.

Same with Starc actually, by all reports he’s touch and go for the first half of the tour
TBF green and carey had multiple match winning partnerships during the recent sri-lanka and Pakistan tour's and both performed well individually with the bat, don't think either of them is much of a concern.

Sunil1z

International Regular
If this is the kind of logic we can expect from Sunilz and HB again this could be a tour thread to avoid tbh

:cool:
You are the one who shouted most when India won in 2018 in Aus that India wouldn’t have won had Smith and Warner played. Guess what India won in 2020 with India C .

Now that the situation is reversed with Pant not playing and no clarity about fitness of Jadeja and Bumrah , you are making an excuse in advance that India missing Pant and Jadeja and playing half fit Bumrah is same as Australia missing Starc who averages 40 against India . ?
You put asterisk on most Team’s victory and make an excuse in advance in case your Team loses .

Sunil1z

International Regular
Ishan Kishan might play instead of Pant . Anyone knows how he is against spin bowling ( domestic record) ?