• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Gob

International Coach
Yeah Guy at the bottom is supposed to be a big miss . Maybe you need to accept that Starc has always been garbage against India
You are such a robot sometimes. Starc is the most successful and experienced active Australian fast bowler in the subcontinent (averaging 25), who is good at reversing the ball and in great form at the moment. Anyone with two brain cells could actually understand/tell what a big miss he would be considering the replacements.

Sunil1z

International Regular
You are such a robot sometimes. Starc is the most successful and experienced active Australian fast bowler in the subcontinent (averaging 25), who is good at reversing the ball and in great form at the moment. Anyone with two brain cells could actually understand/tell what a big miss he would be considering the replacements.
India fears Starc as much as Australia side of 90s would have feared Srinath.
You can hype him as much you want . Guy has never taken 5 wkt haul in his career against India . India would miss Starc more than Aus.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Us missing Pant is more closer to Aus missing Steve Smith than ****ing Starc. He might bowl one good spell here and there but Pant is the BG GOAT.

Gob

International Coach
India fears Starc as much as Australia side of 90s would have feared Srinath.
You can hype him as much you want . Guy has never taken 5 wkt haul in his career against India . India would miss Starc more than Aus.
lol ok

not worth the time

Gob

International Coach
Us missing Pant is more closer to Aus missing Steve Smith than ****ing Starc. He might bowl one good spell here and there but Pant is the BG GOAT.
Well I didn't say that. Yes Pant is definitely a bigger miss than Starc

But considering the other fast bowlers Australia have after Starc (not named Cummins), Starc is a big miss

I mean Starc can still be a big miss without being as bigger miss as Pant

Sunil1z

International Regular

But considering the other fast bowlers Australia have after Starc (not named Cummins), Starc is a big miss

Now that You accept that Starc isn’t as big miss as Pant ( TJB assertion) we can talk maturely.
I don’t rate Starc just like you might not rate Srinath or Zaheer . Hope I am making myself clear
From my perspective threat is
Cummins =Lyon
Hazlewood ?

Gob

International Coach
Now that You accept that Starc isn’t as big miss as Pant ( TJB assertion) we can talk maturely.
I don’t rate Starc just like you might not rate Srinath or Zaheer . Hope I am making myself clear
From my perspective threat is
Cummins =Lyon
Hazlewood ?
lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

True, and I agree totally there. His skillsets, at least on paper, should make him a desirable asset for you guys when playing in the SC especially and he seems to be in very good rhythm right now in red ball cricket.

But I think the whole discussion started when TJB said Aus missing Starc was comparable to India missing Rishabh, so ?‍♂

Sunil1z

International Regular
But I think the whole discussion started when TJB said Aus missing Starc was comparable to India missing Rishabh, so ?‍♂
I think if India miss Pant and Jadeja , then it would be as big loss as Warner/ Smith for Aus in 2018 .
But TJB would make you believe that Australia missing Starc would be equal to that ?

Sunil1z

International Regular
Unexpected surprise seeing Chris Tremlett on the forum. Robotic behaviour here from @Sunil1z
If Starc was as good as Tremlett( very short career I know) , I would rate him ?
Can’t be bothered to rate guy who has mostly released pressure created by other Aussie bowlers in BG Trophy.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
In all seriousness, really looking forward to seeing K.Yadav wheeling away from one end. Would love to see him get an extended run in this India XI.