• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

kingkallis

International Coach
FB_IMG_1676135126719.jpgI am sure this was discussed but couldn't stop myself from sharing again.

I too feel that the Australianness is missing since the retirement of McGrath, Warne, Langer.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Last time Aus won a test series against India was back in 2014-15. Aus lost three series since then (two in their own backyard) and not in a great position here.

Umm yeah right, Aus is way ahead.

#subzlogic
At this moment, their batting is definitely better than us . In pace bowling it is equal if Bumrah is fully fit . Spin bowling ours is better.

subshakerz

International Coach
Rohit Sharma is also a major difference , he gave a masterclass on how to negotiate spin , he was so far ahead of any top order batsman in the match it was scary, haven't seen anyone play spin that well in quite a while .
Yeah but he did it against lower level spinners than Ashwin/Jadeja. Pretty sure Smith or even Labu are capable of this quality innings against Murphy/Lyon.

anil1405

International Captain
At this moment, their batting is definitely better than us . In pace bowling it is equal if Bumrah is fully fit . Spin bowling ours is better.
Our openers are in good form (probably better than Aus openers), our lower order batting is way ahead and our pace attack is also on par based on results in last few years.

subshakerz

International Coach
Our openers are in good form (probably better than Aus openers), our lower order batting is way ahead and our pace attack is also on par based on results in last few years.
Not after last year when they failed to defend scores in SA and England.

Cummins/Hazelwood/Starc/Boland > Bumrah/Shami/Siraj/Thakur

Sunil1z

International Regular
Outside Asia, I would take Lyon over Ashwin/Jadeja as spinner and Aussie pace attack too.
Aus pace attack isn’t better than India even outside Asia .
And outside Asia Lyon may be better than Jadeja/Ashwin as a spinner but considering batting skills of Ashwin/ Jadeja I would prefer latter .

Shri

Mr. Glass
At this moment, their batting is definitely better than us .
not really. at home, rohit, shreyas, jaddu better than smith/labu. away, rohit, pant, jaddu better than any of theirs. their batting is reliant on an aging smith and labu while others are hit and miss. we have 3 usually but sometimes 4 reliable contributors.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yeah but he did it against lower level spinners than Ashwin/Jadeja. Pretty sure Smith or even Labu are capable of this quality innings against Murphy/Lyon.
Okay but Rohit Sharma is averaging 76 in India across 21 tests, when everyone else including his own colleagues are struggling to average even half of that lately. Rohit Sharma is the best batsman in Indian conditions of all time statistically, so that has to be a point of difference if we are comparing teams .

Sunil1z

International Regular
not really. at home, rohit, shreyas, jaddu better than smith/labu. away, rohit, pant, jaddu better than any of theirs. their batting is reliant on an aging smith and labu while others are hit and miss. we have 3 usually but sometimes 4 reliable contributors.
I think you are underestimating their batting. Ashes will tell the full picture.