• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah ok let's blame the guy on a plane home. I watched it and Marsh didn't even look at the dressing room. Straight ahead and accepted the decision.
Yeah, not like the non striker was gonna have a word or anything if the dressing room signalled its reviewable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol... I dont think there were any reviewable dismissals of Virat in that England ODI series.
Looks like 91JMay is a big fat liar. Kohli should sue for slander. I'm now going to become obsessed with this claim of his, post exclusively about it and start posts with "Still waiting for evidence for.." every two or three hours.

Bijed

International Regular
As long as the time given to decide on whether to review is extremely short, I am fine with it. Allow giant placards with REVIEW and NO, YOU ENTITLED WANKER to avoid miscommunication
I wish this had been a thing a couple of years or more ago so that we could have seen Shane Watson look up in anguish at 'NO, YOU ENTITLED WANKER' sign before reviewing anyway.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm actually much more interested in talking about whether it should be legal or not. If it turns out Australia did this then there should be some sort of fine or something because it's against the rules.. but should it be against the rules?

I actually really dislike the fact that players have to pseudo-umpires out on the ground, and that the ability to batsmen to adjudicate their own decisions on balls they've been beaten by and the ability of captains to effectively umpire from slip or mid off or wherever else could actually decide the outcome of the game, and I only put up with it because I think it's the worth the trade-off in greatly reducing the impact bad decisions can have on the game in general. The only reason it's in the players' hands to review at the moment is that if we left it to others it'd just take way too much time in an already slow game.. but if the players/staff back in the pavilion can get some sort of signal out there in the time frame we've already got, I think that should be fine. To me it'd only improve the process and we'd get more decisions right without wasting any more time. That's what we want, no?

Obviously this shouldn't really have any bearing on whether or not Smith or CA or whoever ends up punished if evidence of this does actually turn up.. but I think it's a more interesting discussion than that.
I'm all for allowing help from outside the field, providing it is quick. DRS is all about removing howlers. It is not about removing howlers only if your captain is not a dickhead or removing howlers only if the batsman being appealed or the bowler appealing is not a selfish dickhead. Advice from afar helps DRS do what it is meant to do. I find wasted reviews grating, for both teams.

Without allowing this, I can imagine a future where a Mitch Marsh edges out a Maxwell only due to DRS nous. That would suck. (Of course MMarsh has no nous - he is nousless in all facets - was just an example)

Victor Ian

International Coach
in other news - today I learned that I can turn signatures off. **** you Shri :) - No longer is your page of quotes going to mess with my mind.

anil1405

International Captain
in other news - today I learned that I can turn signatures off. **** you Shri :) - No longer is your page of quotes going to mess with my mind.
Best post of this thread over the last few days. Let me figure it out how to do it too. And yea I agree, **** you Shri. :)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Putting all the bs aside, Smith is a terrible leader. Threw Marsh and Handsome under the bus on the same day.:laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I referred smudga to look at the box... my fault and was unaware of the rule. Shouldn't take anything away from what was an amazing game!
Yeah don't buy that at all. Stop talking about it. It's not helping.

Gob

International Coach
Putting all the bs aside, Smith is a terrible leader. Threw Marsh and Handsome under the bus on the same day.:laugh:
He is doing it for the greater good. Like Dumbledoor threw Harry under the bus all those years ago.