• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Legglancer said:
Here's a question ..... what records do you think we can expect from Tresco in the future???

Jayasuriya is past his best but trescothick should be lucky if could achieve a fraction of Sanaths achievements,
There's little doubt that Jayasuriya was an absolutely class act 5-10 years ago - equally, if you are comparing Trescothick with Sanath NOW, the zoider zlurper wins hands down.

Yesterday's man - nothing to see here - move along.

Swervy

International Captain
Legglancer said:
Swervy .... I appreciate your well thought comment. Its a breath of fresh air compered to some others here.
And have to agree that Sanath has been in in decline for sometime. I can see your point that Tresco might get the nod ahead of sanath these days, but why dont you look at sanath the "all rounder". Who would you say is the better bowler and fielder out of the 2 ?
Well obviously Jaya is a better bowler..he is a very handy weapon for Sri lanka to have

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Legglancer said:
Be weary when you right-off the older warriors ... thay can come back and bite you in the ***** :D
I wouldn't dream of writing off the older warriors - or 'Australia', as they are known.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Exactly - Jayasuriya is based a lot on past glories and overhyping.

hes still a far more dangerous oponent than Trescothick.

you should know, he averages a tick under 40 against England

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
and a massive 26 outside the Subcontinent and 23 in England.

Overall he averages just 3 runs more than Vaughan and he's considered by many a shocking ODI player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer said:
Here's a question ..... what records do you think we can expect from Tresco in the future???

Jayasuriya is past his best but trescothick should be lucky if could achieve a fraction of Sanaths achievements,
Trescothick is the solid sort of player who racks up the tons without you realising he's doing it in between he is consistent.

Jayasuriya may have had some big scores in the past, but they are exactly that, in the past.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
hes still a far more dangerous oponent than Trescothick.

you should know, he averages a tick under 40 against England
Yet apart from NZ, Trescothick averages more against all good sides (including 10 more vs Australia)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
Overall he averages just 3 runs more than Vaughan and he's considered by many a shocking ODI player.
That, for me says a lot about the criticism Vaughan's had and the praise Jayasuriya has had.

PY

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
You're a Yorkshireman, aren't you?

Says it all for me.
:laugh: That's class.

I'm not though, won't find anyone who takes the michael out of Yorkies more than me.

Born in Essex and live in Lincolnshire, uni in Yorkshire. I'll let you off for not knowing all of that though. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
:laugh: That's class.

I'm not though, won't find anyone who takes the michael out of Yorkies more than me.

Born in Essex and live in Lincolnshire, uni in Yorkshire. I'll let you off for not knowing all of that though. :)
Careful. I always thought that Tykeism was just in the mind - yet my daughter's just spent a mere 3 years at Dirty Leeds Metropolitan University, and she's now engaged to a (choke) Dirty Leeds United supporter, despite the best of upbringings (born in Derby, supporting The Rams, tenpin bowler, force-fed more pies than Inzy could shake a stick at).

Not only that, I distinctly heard her say "'Ow much? I'm not paying that, by 'eck 'appen pass t'Yorkshire puddin an' t'onion gravy!".

All right, the last bit's a lie, and the first bit too, but she is engaged to a Dirty Leeds fan.

PY

International Coach
My sympathies, nothing worse than a Leeds United fan in my book except a Leeds United fan in the family. Ouch...least you can say that Derby are doing better than them for probably the first time since Cloughie.

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! ANOTHER AUSSSIE LOSS!
I suppose your excuses will be that "It's only one day cricket"?
Or "Just wait till the real cricket starts" well I'm waiting alright... and in the mean time I'm enjoying you get smashed all over the place and being embroiled in controversy