• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
I agree, dont see why the selectors keep persisting with him.
Because he's got the potential to be a very, very good player. There's no room for him in the test team, and they want a full-time all-rounder for the ODI squad, so they pick him. I don't think he's well suited at all to the way they try and use him, but they'll stick with him for a while longer just like England stuck with Flintoff.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Yes potential but maybe thats all..
Maybe, but it's not that unusual for selectors to use the ODI squad to blood potential. Watson hasn't thrived for two reasons, one being that he's not a very good OD player to begin with, particularly with the ball, and the other being that they've misused him terribly. I'd say they are hoping he will adapt his game and grow into the role they've got for him as a long-term number 7.

His 8th goes for 4 more. 5-0-17-1 in his second spell now, nice stuff.

54 off 48.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Hussey is a useful medium pacer......... I dont think u guys rate him at all. Much like ganguly as a bowler. cept a little quicker

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Hussey is a useful medium pacer......... I dont think u guys rate him at all. Much like ganguly as a bowler. cept a little quicker
Yeah, I agree. He's a perfectly decent bowler, but it's not that often you see him get two genuine batsmen out to help turn a match.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Yeh but how often in OD cricket do we see the main bowlers get slapped and then a part timer come on and get the breakthroughs

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
King_Ponting said:
Yeh but how often in OD cricket do we see the main bowlers get slapped and then a part timer come on and get the breakthroughs
Not often if it's the supposed useful Hussey.

King_Ponting

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Nothing like Ganguly - a career total of 18 List A wickets in 183 games - that's not usefull.
Have u checked how often he has bowled? And u obviously havent seen him bowl in a match before then cause he is much the same as ganguly as a bowler

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
King_Ponting said:
I'm sure Hussey is decent, I just find it funny that he's picked up two wickets after the proper bowlers were slaughtered earlier.

Anyway, 52 off 45 to win, looks like Somerset are down to their last proper pair.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Not often if it's the supposed useful Hussey.
Just because he doesn't bowl much in domestic cricket doesn't mean he is useless. And he's been bowling a little more recently - he actually had the best FC average in Australia last season ahead of Bracken with a couple of wickets in a game towards the end. He bowled in an ODI against NZ and I thought he looked pretty handy in a McMillan/Ganguly sort of way.