• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

King_Ponting

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Just because he doesn't bowl much in domestic cricket doesn't mean he is useless. And he's been bowling a little more recently - he actually had the best FC average in Australia last season ahead of Bracken with a couple of wickets in a game towards the end. He bowled in an ODI against NZ and I thought he looked pretty handy in a McMillan/Ganguly sort of way.
Yes exactly

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
King_Ponting said:
Once again Kaspa has been slapped. Memories of a certain one dayer against new zealand are coming back to me
yeah, i don't think he should be allowed to bowl at the death.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
I really think lee is injured. If thats true then thats bad news for Australia
Indeed, terrible news, especially with Kasprowicz getting carted around in the limited over matches.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
28 off 30 now. Kasprowicz has three overs to bowl, and Hildreth is getting stuck in. Who's going to take the other two? Watson?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
28 off 30... Watson should cover two of the last five, not sure if they'll risk Kasper again though. Although they can't really expect Hussey to bowl three.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
i bloody well hope they don't
I think this must be the worst match of his life. He just got hit for six.
EDIT: or somehow conceded six... not sure what happened there.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I think this must be the worst match of his life. He just got hit for six.
EDIT: or somehow conceded six... not sure what happened there.
Yeah, I'm stumped as well. I don't suppose they could have ran 6... a noball that went for 5? Or more likely, cricinfo just didn't credit a batsman with the 6.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't show a six next to either of the batsmen's names, so I assume he bowled a no-ball, which they hit a single off, then got hit for four next ball. Either way, this match is just about over.