• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My dream scenario: (although it would be slightly brown trouser time).

England: 504 ao (123.4 overs) (Trescothick 220, Vaughan 167, Warne 4/134)
Australia: 503 ao (131.3 overs) (Katich 176, Hayden 0, Harmison 4/87, Jones 3/76, Flintoff 3/98)
England: 304 ao (87.3 overs) (Strauss 101, Trescothick 67, Warne 6/76)
Australia: 304 ao (74.5 overs) (Langer 67, Hayden 0, Jones 4/45, Giles 5/61)

England win by 1 run.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Here's one:

Australia 601-7dec (Langer 132, Hayden 0, Clarke 120, Katich 88; Flintoff 5-131) & 231 (Ponting 74, Hayden 0; Harmison 8-66)
England 304 (Trescothick 140, G Jones 51; Warne 6-54) & 520-9 (Vaughan 101, Harmison 110*, S Jones 104*; McGrath 5-140)
MATCH DRAWN.

:p :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Australia 556
England 407
Australia 312-4 (Ponting 99)
England 288-9

What proves to be Ponting's final match as captain see him delay the declaration whilst he takes an hour to move through the nineties, only to be bowled through the gate by Michael Vaughan one short. The Australians then drop a dozen catches as Ashley Giles and Simon Jones bat out the last hour to claim the Ashes.

I'd prefer a win but the above would be funny

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Here's one:

Australia 601-7dec (Langer 132, Hayden 0, Clarke 120, Katich 88; Flintoff 5-131) & 231 (Ponting 74, Hayden 0; Harmison 8-66)
England 304 (Trescothick 140, G Jones 51; Warne 6-54) & 520-9 (Vaughan 101, Harmison 110*, S Jones 104*; McGrath 5-140)
MATCH DRAWN.

:p :p
Wahey, Harmison smashing the last ball (which theoretically he should be blocking to secure the Ashes) for 6 would be pretty funny.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Wahey, Harmison smashing the last ball (which theoretically he should be blocking to secure the Ashes) for 6 would be pretty funny.
Yeah - Harmy's ton was off 29 balls (10x4, 8x6), Jonah's off 46 (15x4, 4x6).

They went for the win. :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
I'm gonna be there on Day 5 - that's why it's my dream scenario, 'cause the faces of the Aussie crowd as Harmison brings up his ton by smashing Warne for four sixes in an over would be priceless. :D

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Tom Halsey said:
Indeed, but I reckon a win by 1 run would be better than a draw, really push it in. :d
Oh yes :)

What would really rub it in to the aussies would be we get the winning wicket LBW with them just needing 1 run to win. Then its shown there was a big inside edge AND it was a no-ball missed by the umpire :) :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Man, you English fans sure get smug when you win a couple of tests don't you? :p

We've got a whole page of potentially frustrating or humiliating results for the Australians there. I'd love to see the reaction if Australia hit 600 and then bowl England out for 150 twice and win with a day and a half to spare.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I sure hope the Aussies fire and put the Poms back in their place. They're acting like they have already got the Ashes but if the toss falls the Aussies' way and they perform at their best or close to it England will have no chance

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
burkey_1988 said:
I sure hope the Aussies fire and put the Poms back in their place. They're acting like they have already got the Ashes but if the toss falls the Aussies' way and they perform at their best or close to it England will have no chance
A lot of "if's" there.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Man, you English fans sure get smug when you win a couple of tests don't you? :p

We've got a whole page of potentially frustrating or humiliating results for the Australians there. I'd love to see the reaction if Australia hit 600 and then bowl England out for 150 twice and win with a day and a half to spare.
You do realise most of them are just joking / fantasies :) we dont REALLY think this is gonna happen :)
Jesus the aussies lose a few tests and start to get really ****y! :p

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
now Steve Waugh is suggesting that Katich play as the 3rd seamer, i think tugger has finally gone round the bend... I think being the Australian father of the year has done something to his brain...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hehe, what were the results of that? You'd be amazed at the amount of crap you hear against Warne over here. I was hanging around waiting for someone near some builders at uni a week or two ago and they had the radio on some random conservative talkback station where people were calling for Warne to be dropped because "he's a good player but he brings the team into disrepute". People were even claiming he wasn't as good as people made out because he only gets out tailenders and so on.
I know Aussies don't rate (or don't like to rate, one of the two) English batsmen but calling guys like Tresco and Strauss and Vaughan as tailenders is pushing it a bit, me thinks. :D

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
Previously said by Hayden:

"We can just play our game and if we play like we can it will be better than England. Whatever's gone in the past means nothing now."

God that guy is a stuck record. I love the "we" term, you're being carried mate!!
I liked Hayden's description of his ton yesterday, "like surfing in a swimming pool".

Good to see his sense of humour remains.

Eclipse

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
Australia 556
England 407
Australia 312-4 (Ponting 99)
England 288-9

What proves to be Ponting's final match as captain see him delay the declaration whilst he takes an hour to move through the nineties, only to be bowled through the gate by Michael Vaughan one short. The Australians then drop a dozen catches as Ashley Giles and Simon Jones bat out the last hour to claim the Ashes.

I'd prefer a win but the above would be funny
can you really imagine Ponting taking an hour in the ninties :wacko:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Retox said:
The english fans are just acting like how you Aussie fans use to act like ******s.
So the English and Aussie fans are ******s are we? Charmed I'm sure.

We're just having a laugh old chap. I'm sure most of us realise 2-2 is a very distinct possibilty, and it will probably go down to the wire just as the last few have.