• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

twctopcat

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Well if your point was that Hayden's past it and has struggled in this series, I agree. However, comparing him to Ramprakash (who savaged county attacks but was a complete failure at test level) is more than a little unfair given Hayden's past success, and your "he gets found out against half decent bowlers" line didn't seem to have a timeframe on it.
Very true, i suppose i was trying to highlight how poor Hayden now appears to be, hence comparing him to Ramprakash. Obviously the two are beyond comparison.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
I believe he copped "Ug" for quite a while too.
:lol:

Century for Bodge. Probably won't make a difference to selection given Hayden's token century, and hopefully they won't drop Katich.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Australia have definately had a decent hit out, so that's something to take from the game. 550 in 91 overs is an achievement.

Hodge won't play at The Oval I don't think, but he hasn't hurt his chances for a test debut in the Australian summer.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Loving Essex smashing the Aussies about, unfortunate that I couldn't see it due to a match but good none-the-less. Well done Hayden, you smashed a load of county bowlers on a flat pitch. Have a star.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
That's a serious kick in the nads to Tremlett. & hopelessly conservative call by us. & why Anderson suddenly? Has he pulled up many trees for Lancs? It's passed me by if he has.
To be fair though, since the start of the Ashes, Tremlett has 7 FC wickets @ 60+

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tassietiger said:
For the record, he's only made obviously bad mistake. Bowling first at Edgbaston.
And of course waiting for England to get over 130-0 before calling on Warne wasn't a huge misjudgement?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
However, comparing him to Ramprakash (who savaged county attacks but was a complete failure at test level)
Be fair, if we take a set portion of Ramps' career then remove a few games which don't suit the argument, he was actually a huge success! :p

twctopcat

International Regular
Previously said by Hayden:

"We can just play our game and if we play like we can it will be better than England. Whatever's gone in the past means nothing now."

God that guy is a stuck record. I love the "we" term, you're being carried mate!!

greg

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Be fair, if we take a set portion of Ramps' career then remove a few games which don't suit the argument, he was actually a huge success! :p
Perhaps Hick would be a better example, ignoring the beginning and the (long) end of his career? 8-)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
I wouldn't complain!
England bowled out at Tea on Day 5 for 1754 (Trescothick 786, Bell 341, Flintoff 377*, Giles 103; Warne 4-504)
Australia 141-1 (Langer 82*, Ponting 51*, Hayden 0; Hoggard 1-42)
MATCH DRAWN.

I wish. :p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
England bowled out at Tea on Day 5 for 1754 (Trescothick 786, Bell 341, Flintoff 377*, Giles 103; Warne 4-504)
MATCH DRAWN.

that would be the most boring match of all-time...is that really what you want after the thrillers you've seen so far...? :)

greg

International Debutant
Anil said:
that would be the most boring match of all-time...is that really what you want after the thrillers you've seen so far...? :)
My preference would be for:

England 38-2 (Trescothick 25, Vaughan 2).

Match Drawn.

Leave the Aussies claiming they've been robbed :D

nick-o

State 12th Man
Barney Rubble said:
MATCH DRAWN.

Simply not realistic -- even if all other batsmen were out for 0 there's still only room in that total for about 150 no balls. 250 would be much more likely.