• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still think that playing Hayden in this match is a bad move. Chances are he'll hit a century and get re-selected and fail. Again.
He himself has pointed out the problem isn't his technique, it's the fact that the English bowlers have his number.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
andyc said:
My word.. Cricinfo isn't working, who's batting?
Will Jefferson and Ali Cook - I'm guessing.

Checking cricinfo it appears I was right. 115 for 0, both have made 50s. Good stuff - both might take over Tresco's and Straussie's spots in five-six years time :happy:

Edit: Beaten to it, too :D

shaka

International Regular
updated score (as of writing this): 158/1 Kasper gets the only wicket so far,everyone seems to have been hit (bowling wise).

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol well, some people might be interested since he a chance for selection, albeit a small one

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
he he 229-1 after 50, slowed down a bit, the pitch must be a road - ton for Cook, Bopara approaching 50, shame Essex's bowling attack, in this game at least is pretty poor

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Alistair Cook celebrating his Young Cricketer of the Year Award in style here. 113* at an SR of 87.60. Whatever the circumstances, whatever bowling attack they put out, and whatever the pitch, against Australia for a young opening batsman that is a terrific effort.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
MacGill not doing his selection chances any good with 0/59 off 10 overs. Only a two day game too, so he doesn't have long to turn it around.

PY

International Coach
Lovin' this. :D

Looking at the pretty horrible bowling figures for Aussies. Is anyone able to watch this and if so, are the Aussies really bowling this badly or is it amazing batting?