• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Majin

International Debutant
Whoever is hiring the sniper to top Dar, get him to take a pot shot at jones as well, please. :}

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luckyeddie said:
I take it that he's no longer on your Christmas card list, then?
both these umpires should be fined their match fees for bringing the game into disrepute...

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
ouch cricinfo is opening up on jones.

"This has been some incredibly inept and clumsy glovework from
Geraint Jones in the last half hour"

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Anyway the lbw shout was plumb in the first place...
Totally and utterly irrelevant.

If we stop accepting the decisions of ther umpires, we are no worse than Geordies.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus supporters shouldnt get too ****y about Jones' ineptness, were being beaten by a team with no keeper and no spinner.

11 on 9 and were still being thrashed.

biased indian

International Coach
Adamc said:
Looks like Katich will lose some of his match fee as well, can't say I blame him though.
no he should loose some u r a not allowed to do that especally the out burts he had with a spectator on his way back :@

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
social said:
Aus supporters shouldnt get too ****y about Jones' ineptness, were being beaten by a team with no keeper and no spinner.

Maybe if jones could not bat, but he can.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Anyway the lbw shout was plumb in the first place...
Yes it was. I was worried when it hit but I think it was Tony who quickly said "not out" so I figured it must have hit the bat or something.

Well it goes to show how these decisions even out

biased indian

International Coach
social said:

may be you should add Dar to amke it 10:) aleast he provided u with one wicket

Simon

social said:

11 vs 11 if u include bucknor and aleem dar for england...

PommieMacGill

State Regular
Katich's reaction made me laugh, I mean come on like nobody else ever gets a bad decision.

And as for Geraint Jones, he needs to be dropped I'm afraid. Get Chris Read in, I'd happily trade Jones' runs for Read's glovework. Read is a decent bat too.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Totally and utterly irrelevant.

If we stop accepting the decisions of ther umpires, we are no worse than Geordies.
I wouldn't get too ****y, your lot play Durham in the next few weeks. Whatever 'no worse than Geordies' is supposed to mean...

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
social said:

All we have is one spinner, so its more like 1 on 9.

Simon

PommieMacGill said:
Katich's reaction made me laugh, I mean come on like nobody else ever gets a bad decision.

And as for Geraint Jones, he needs to be dropped I'm afraid. Get Chris Read in, I'd happily trade Jones' runs for Read's glovework. Read is a decent bat too.
four and a half hours in the most important test he will ever play to cop that, it was more the situation combined with the decision than the **** poor way to get out...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
no he should loose some u r a not allowed to do that especally the out burts he had with a spectator on his way back :@
Meh. Given the circumstances surrounding the dismissal and the match I don't really blame him. It's bad enough having working very hard to save a Test match only to be done in by a poor decision, even worse when you're ridiculed by the spectators despite your hard work. I'm not saying that it's the fault of the umpire or the spectators - the umpire called it as best he could, and spectators are jerks wherever you go - just saying I can understand his frustration. He'll probably be fined, and rightly so, but I don't think that was the first thing on his mind when he got out.