• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo said:
"Really, 54 is easy," McGrath said. "Once you get to the 60s things really get tough out there. I suppose if Jason keeps working he might get there one day. As for me, a century is next and I see it as being well within my grasp."
:D

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
EnglishRose said:
the english muppets are tec, richard, marc, scaly piscine, superkingdave, hinton, rubble, swervy, spacemonkey, halsey.
Well I'm sure badgerhair would be very relieved.
On the contrary, I'm mortally offended.

Fozzie Bear was the finest stand-up comedian of his generation, the Swedish Chef undoubtedly the greatest cookery broadcaster of all time, and as for the divine Miss P, well, I lack the verbal dexterity to do full justice to her genius. Not to be included in a list of those who can at least aspire to be bracketed with the greats of the entertainment world is deeply disappointing.

Cheers,

Mike, moping disconsolately at the news that it won't be time to put on make-up next time it's time to play the music and time to light the lights for everyone else

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Thats the comment you made, Langer has played in the slips for his WA team and has proven himself to be a quite capable slipper. He also played for Middlesex (I think) so it would be interesting if any supporters of the county team he played for could give their opinion of Langer in the field. (as long as they watched some of his games).

I really dont think you have watched enough of Langer to comment on his abilities in the field. ( I have based that on what you have posted because there seems to be major discrepancies in your opinions and Langers abilities in the field)
yes i did say that but then i said i dont think he is the gretest fielder overall in most positions. Look i may not have seen him in WA in the slips but it not like langer has been in the slips for australia that regularly, its only in India last year was that he has sort of been around the slip region this season.

I have seen all of Langer test since the Gabba test of 1998 so i think i have the right to sate my views on how good a fielder i thin JL is in most positions

tooextracool

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Yep, he could have said tooextracool and richard were omniscient genii with a peerless knowledge of cricket.
or he could have started a thread saying "whos more mediocre than atherton and hussain?"

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil, I feel you are just jealous that EnglishRose did not include you in his list of English muppets - an Australian was given a spot in your stead!

Swervy

International Captain
EnglishRose said:
no iam not a muppet.......the english muppets are tec, richard, marc, scaly piscine, superkingdave, hinton, rubble, swervy, spacemonkey, halsey.
The nonsense posted by these guys is appalling.
the quality posters are people like Scallywag.
I am an Australian Muppet

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Question to people that have followed cricket media for longer than I have: Is it always like this before an Ashes series that McGrath tends to come with cheeky comments every third day, while the English prefer to be shy and not reply to them?
The classic was before the last Ashes series in England when Hussain was injured and nobody wanted the captaincy job and Steve Waugh came out and said something like "I don't know what's wrong with the English, you wouldn't find an Australian not wanting to captain their national side, why would anyone not want to captain their national side?" Classic Steve Waugh stuff.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
A suggestion for badgerhair

Mike, have you considered entering
badgerhair (in every single post ever) said:
Cheers,

Mike
as your signature?

It would save a lot of time.

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

FaaipDeOiad said:
Let me guess... Hayden?
The context was England players with 50 Tests since 1990ish, the fact that no-one managed a decent argument against Atherton & Hussain being the most mediocre in that bracket escapes the witless waffler. Still he spends every conscious moment trying to outpost Motson with equally nonsensical brain-dead tripe, so you wouldn't expect him to even manage to come up with one single point.

Scaly piscine

superkingdave said:
yes we did, for starters Ramprakash and Butcher
Nope, Ramprakash had far more shots, class etc. than Hussain & Atherton - mediocre is not a measure of performance remember. Butcher is closer but I'd say he had more shots and class than Hussain & Atherton.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
EnglishRose said:
no iam not a muppet.......the english muppets are tec, richard, marc, scaly piscine, superkingdave, hinton, rubble, swervy, spacemonkey, halsey.
The nonsense posted by these guys is appalling.
the quality posters are people like Scallywag.

:-O

9 of those people should be offended by that ;)

Swervy the most so because his country is wrong too

thats not really the point though is it. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, wether you view that as correct or not doesn't really matter. debate it in a friendly manner :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
The context was England players with 50 Tests since 1990ish, the fact that no-one managed a decent argument against Atherton & Hussain being the most mediocre in that bracket escapes the witless waffler.
Ramprakash, Hick.

No contest.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Ramprakash, Hick.

No contest.
Learn what mediocre means.

This is the same no contest as last time, people making utterly irrelevant comments, ignoring the context or not knowing what mediocre means.

Scaly piscine

age_master said:
:-O

9 of those people should be offended by that ;)

Swervy the most so because his country is wrong too

thats not really the point though is it. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, wether you view that as correct or not doesn't really matter. debate it in a friendly manner :)
Hard to take any offence from someone who thinks Scallywag is a 'quality poster'