• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

twctopcat

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
There was a short spell when Jones started to get a little conventional swing, but of course nothing compared to the amazing reverse that he and Freddie 'found' late on.

*cough*bottletop*cough*pocket of sand*cough*
Did you see something i didn't LE or is that just banter??? :blink:

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get off, Hayden!
you know we've seen some pretty brainless dismissals during this test but hayden somehow managed to take the cake ahead of all of them. expansive drive in the air first ball of his innings.

Slow Love™

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Brilliant. Only ever happened to me once in village cricket - and I just went out and batted (very carefully indeed) without one.
Haha - not much chance of Dizzy doing that though, after being painfully slapped in the nuts twice in the first test... :)

twctopcat

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
I saw nothing :whistling

No - really. Just trying to start a completely unfounded rumour.
Phew, don't know why the waqar deliveries hadn't been brought out sooner though, doubt anyone could really stop those sorts of deliveries. Love the way Greig called the Gillespie one as well !!! :D

tooextracool

International Coach
Pothas said:
Jones second spell today was really excellent showing what a very good bowler he could be become if he can bowl cosistantly
its a shame really, that someone who bowled as well as he did in that last spell still ended up with figures of 2/69, which will have the statisticians like AMZ talking about how poor he bowled again.
he really is an amazing bowler when he gets the ball to reverse though, which is why vaughan always seems reluctant to use him until 50 overs into an inning. if he could get himself to be a bit more accurate particularly when he gets the new ball to swing conventionally he has the potential to be better than any other bowler in the england side and one of the best around the world. unfortunately in the last year, he hasnt made too many strides forward in terms of accuracy.

tooextracool

International Coach
just on giles today, i thought he bowled brilliantly, his variations of pace were quite remarkable. if australia thought he was useless, he certainly proved them wrong, and he'll be a real handful in the 2nd inning.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
I've been saying it all series.

Including when things were going well for Australia in the first test.
There was nothing to moan about in the first test if you're objective. Both sides were equally hit by the no ball wicket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
I merely pointed out that he gets a high ratio of outs on appeals which should be not out, which remains the case and that Warne get's more plumb one's turned down than Giles.
I presume you'll have a long list of Giles' wickets that shouldn't have been given then or is it just sour grapes still?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
Now he's bowling to Gillespie, Giles finally has the courage to go over the wicket I see. :dry:
He's been going over the wicket all day and it was working fine.

Why should he change from a successful plan?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Jesus Christ, the game's only half over and you bloody whingeing Aussies have started already.
I dread to think what it'll be like if we win this.

And think about what it'll be like if we win the series?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
Macgill and Warne for the next test.

Should have been in this one as I first said after Lords, but better late than never.
So which 2 seamers get in then, because for me they need 3 to cover for the fact none of them are remotely close to McGrath's ability.