• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia and South Africa in West Indies ODI Tri-Series

Stace

First Class Debutant
Love seeing Smith wahhhh, shouldn't have wasted there review.

Edit: Wrote this when Ramdin should have been given out lbw to Zampa just after Samuels was run out.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just going off the Cricinfo commentary for the run out - "Samuels goes back and allows the ball to hit his pad" - is that accurate? In which case why's he bothered to run?

Stace

First Class Debutant
I thought the ball has to hit the bat for a catch to be out? Have I missed a new rule?

Stace

First Class Debutant
Just going off the Cricinfo commentary for the run out - "Samuels goes back and allows the ball to hit his pad" - is that accurate? In which case why's he bothered to run?
It went about 10 yards to his left after it hit his pad but I think Ramdin called him through.

Scaly piscine

It went about 10 yards to his left after it hit his pad but I think Ramdin called him through.
Any runs he scored from allowing the ball to hit him would be disallowed unless he got some glove/bat on it.

A run out still stands though. I'm guessing some shot was played and Cricinfo have misreported it, if not though bit of a daft way to go, being run out when you can't score a run.

Last edited:

Stace

First Class Debutant
Any runs he scored from allowing the ball to hit him would be disallowed unless he got some glove/bat on it.
Haha no but he did hit a 6 via an outside edge while trying to slog to cow corner I think it was... I was replying to the magic Pollard 6 ,sorry. I cant remember if he left it or not now.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some bizarre batting by Australia these last 2 games, far-under-par score due to slow top-order batting. Neither game were they recovering from early wickets or anything, and under 300 is never going to be a par score at Warner Park.

Interesting because usually you would associate the opposite with Australia, ie. going too hard and losing early wickets

Gnske

This is what happens when Boof isn't around to keep The People's Clown in check with his bogan bravado and aggressiveness.

vcs

This tri-series is never-ending with all these round-robin matches.. reminds me of the ones they used to have in the '90s in Sharjah.

StephenZA

This tri-series is never-ending with all these round-robin matches.. reminds me of the ones they used to have in the '90s in Sharjah.
At least it not the IPL...

...And SA and Aus have a 5 day ODI in SA end sep/oct... before we go play some Test cricket in Aus....At least that ODI series leads up to the tes series, even if in a bizarre manner.

91Jmay

International Coach
Smith is clearly a good captain but the way he uses spin needs some serious work. Was a feature of how brilliant Clarke was, his use of Lyon in situations where most captains wouldn't.

Daemon

Smith is clearly a good captain but the way he uses spin needs some serious work. Was a feature of how brilliant Clarke was, his use of Lyon in situations where most captains wouldn't.
Really? Apart from what you mentioned his use of part timers in LO cricket is weird as well imo.

Last edited: