• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia and South Africa in West Indies ODI Tri-Series

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Elgar has batted in the middle order for all his franchise sides in limited overs cricket. Did it for the eagles and the titans, opens in four day cricket but bats in the middle order in limited over cricket.
I would definitely get morris back in for either abbot or parnell.
Don't think Elgar would be good at 5, prefer Faf there with Elgar at 3. Parnell has shown good form with the bat at franchise even if he has not showed yet back at international level, and he is bowling really well. Not sure these wickets suit Morris. And Abbott has been excellent, his early overs yesterday really put Aus on the back foot initially. Our best bowlers can`t bat and our two bowling allrounders are not consistent enough bowlers or batsmen...

Also is Morkel injured? Can't find anything about it..

I know **** all about SA cricket but is he not the best quick they have?
Rabada is being preferred at the moment.. apparently Morkel is not 100% but I do hope they play Morkel to give Rabada a rest. I really don't want them over playing him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think Elgar would be good at 5, prefer Faf there with Elgar at 3. Parnell has shown good form with the bat at franchise even if he has not showed yet back at international level, and he is bowling really well. Not sure these wickets suit Morris. And Abbott has been excellent, his early overs yesterday really put Aus on the back foot initially. Our best bowlers can`t bat and our two bowling allrounders are not consistent enough bowlers or batsmen...

Rabada is being preferred at the moment.. apparently Morkel is not 100% but I do hope they play Morkel to give Rabada a rest. I really don't want them over playing him.
I'm not sure what I'm missing, surely Abbott sits out for Morkel when Morkel's 100% and Phangiso for Morris.

Morris
Parnell
Rabada
Morkel
Tahir

+ Duminy

is a pretty strong ODI bowling attack

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure what I'm missing, surely Abbott sits out for Morkel when Morkel's 100% and Phangiso for Morris.

Morris
Parnell
Rabada
Morkel
Tahir

+ Duminy

is a pretty strong ODI bowling attack
Abbott >Parnell> Morris
Parnell and Morris relatively inconsistent batsmen, so are you truly gaining anything?
For the current series we also seem to want an extra spinner, Phangiso/Shamsi. In faster conditions, that bowling line-up pretty good.

anil1405

International Captain
No matter which way we look at it, 2-3 spots in the playing 11 are being filled up for the sake of it rather than the players being good enough.

Not a pleasant sight for Proteas supporters.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hopefully Head is a straight swap for Warner. We will probably just go back to Maxwell with everyone moving up a spot though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they could just play Maxwell as 12th man but fielding all innings that would be great but otherwise I think he has to be in the side due to his fielding + useful second spinner.

Head would be useful too though, but isn't he the guy that drops catches onto his face and bleeds everywhere

Compton

International Debutant
This tri-series has not captured hearts and minds :laugh:

Aus 171-2 after about 34 overs. Smith just got out.

Compton

International Debutant
Khawaja didn't deserve the ton. Hate players that slow down as they approach milestones in LO matches.