• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 'A' Team in England

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
We're just trying to help.It's good when you've got guys from the top team helping out.Maybe a bit of confidence and encouragement?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
mate it does happen, you play for your state then you get caled away for your country so people replace you and then when u finish your country duties you come back into the state side and the players that replaced you unfortunately miss out however that is in real life and this is for fun so it does seem a liitle unfai on guys, but you would know marc that you may go on tour and not get a game so then you probably would want a game in the a side when you get back but hey its all fun and i think everyone needs to get a hit know an then. just my opinion!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
After all it is a development tour, not a 'win at all costs' tour.

Everyone thats in the A team is here to acomplish 1 common goal, the CW XI. Everyone is here to develop into a CW XI player, some are further along then others in this development, however that doesnt mean that the fringe CW XI players cant play for us in the A team, they are still trying to get into the CW XI side. I would object if a regular CW XI member came into the A side without a severe drop in form.

My 2c, feel free to winge about it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
mate it does happen, you play for your state then you get caled away for your country so people replace you and then when u finish your country duties you come back into the state side and the players that replaced you unfortunately miss out

That's not the same as having 2 squads selected for tours though is it?

deeps

International 12th Man
if macgill was not selected for the coming test.....and australia A had a game around the same time..would macgill paly in the "A" game?? no

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
12th man??

my batting average is 51 odd and still i have been made the 12th man?? is this for some bowling strength or something else???

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Macgill is more or less an established player.Halsey and I haven't become regular parts of the CWXI team so i don't see the connection.If we were playing in say two Tests out of a four or five Test series regularly or the like then it wouldn't be fair.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, but if someone's been selected for one tour, why should they displace someone else from another concurrent tour?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
zghansar said:
my batting average is 51 odd and still i have been made the 12th man?? is this for some bowling strength or something else???
You've played 3 of the 4 FC games on this tour. As such, I suggest you chill and take your rest.

Mr Mxyzptlk

With regards to CW XI players representing the CW 'A' team:

Broncoman - out of form lately and has played just one FC game to get some of that form back.
Peter Young - got a game because there was a lack of batting in the squad with the ODI players out.
Xavier Rose - played to get some work in, as he has not been very active lately.
Tom Halsey - pretty much the same as Rose.
Jason Toogood - filling the void of OD batting.

If these justifications aren't good enough for all involved, so be it.

On a different note,

C Buts
Ash Chaulk
Bugssy
Master Blaster

are all available for 'A' team selection again, effective immendiately. Tom Halsey, Xavier Rose, Peter Young, Jason Toogood and Broncoman will be on tour with the senior side, meaning they are no longer eligible.

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
With regards to CW XI players representing the CW 'A' team:

Broncoman - out of form lately and has played just one FC game to get some of that form back.
which i did *wink* *wink* *hint* *hint* selectors ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW 'A' to play England 'A' - 5D

Craig
StUEy
Gibbs N Smith
Bugssy
Age Master (C)
C Buts
Sam Vimes (wk)
Zaid Ghansar
Dave
Master Blaster
David Kennett

12th Man: Rob Timewell

cbuts

International Debutant
pleased to be back into the squad, and into the team. havent played for a while, and looking for some runs to keep my odi place

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web 'A' vs England 'A'
5-day game
Lords

England 'A' 412 & 173/6
Cricket Web 'A' 497/6d

Cricket Web 'A' draw with England 'A'

Man of the match: IR Bell

How OUT:

1st
Craig - reaching for a wide full one.
StUEy - driving hard at a wide one.
Gibbs N Smith - not playing a shot.
Bugssy - yorked.
Age Master - beaten by pace.
C Buts - hooking.
Sam Vimes - not out.
Zaid Ghansar - not out.

Coach's Comments:
Wonderful batting display again, but the bowling came up somewhat short against the batting of Bell and Blackwell. All the bowlers worked hard in the first innings, but only Kennett, Bugssy and Blaster got some measure of reward. Bugssy had the best figures, but Kennett was the pick of the bowlers. In the batting, two men stole the spotlight - Age Master and Samuel Vimes. Captain Age scored his 4th FC hundred and 3rd this season - his coming of age season. For Vimes it was more special though, notching his maiden FC hundred following his innings of 92* and 93 this season. Following 15 FC fifties, it was certainly due. It was also good to see C Buts get some runs to keep sharp after his absence from any real cricket lately.

The second innings bowling almost got it done, but for a stubborn stance by the English middle order. The batsmen defended staunchly, even as Dave snared 3 wickets in 3 sharp spells. Ultimately England 'A' bored their way to some honour from the game and the Cricket Web 'A' team will leave with far more positives.

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Wow, 61 overs for the match from me. First innings didnt produce much, 1/99 off 36 Second was much better, 3/43 off 25.

There are alot of positives from this game, and this tour overall. Cant wait for the last couple of games, where hopefully the tail will get a bit of a bat.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Am delighted to be named in the touring squad.

About me and Rose in the 'A' Squad, we aren't exactly regulars in the XI are we? As we weren't in the CWXI side for the ODI's, then I see no reason why we can't be in the 'A' side.