• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

jcas0167

International Debutant
SA had a pretty useful rain bailout in 2017 and have pulverized some pretty poor nz teams. Is what it is but I'm glad we won the series rather than lost or drew. Did the job and moving on to the next game.
That was gutting. Lord Colin and Jeetan Patel bowled pretty well in that one from memory.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Im sorry but can you show me the posts who said South Africa were favourites
The owner of the site was leaning that way...

I totally agree, and think this SA line-up is massively under-rated as I suggested in a previous post.

I'd almost be tempted to say SA go in as slight favourites. I'm predicting 1-1 with SA taking the 1st Test.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That was gutting. Lord Colin and Jeetan Patel bowled pretty well in that one from memory.
And the first game in that series Ross and Trent both broke down with injuries in the first half of the game. So yeah, don't feel so bad about claiming this now.

Heboric

International Debutant
Anyway congrats New Zealand. Thought we might have had a chance if we got Kane out early, but alas....

Hope the situation never happens again (still a bit miffed) - the sending a weakened team part that is

Stefan9

International Debutant
Bowlers did as expected, they are a bunch of journeymen so not much expected. Batting bar beddingham and De Swardt was extremely disappointing as these are guys are in contention for the main squad.

Well done to NZ on the win. Kane brilliant as always and O'Rourke looks a real find.

Flem274*

123/5
Team of the Series

Brand (for his bowling and captaincy lol fun cameos too)
Fortuin/Blundell (wk) (only because someone needs to do the catching bit)
Williamson
Ravindra
Bedingham
Young
de Swardt
Jamieson
Piedt
Henry/Paterson
O'Rourke

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Williamson is an outstanding player and has had an outstanding series - 3 centuries in 4 innings says it all.

But there should be an asterisk against the whole series - S Africa sent such a weakened team that it barely warrants being classed as a test series.

None of that is Williamson's fault of course but of all the many 100's he's scored, these 3 must rank pretty low on the list.

Big_Gun

Cricket Spectator
Williamson is an outstanding player and has had an outstanding series - 3 centuries in 4 innings says it all.

But there should be an asterisk against the whole series - S Africa sent such a weakened team that it barely warrants being classed as a test series.

None of that is Williamson's fault of course but of all the many 100's he's scored, these 3 must rank pretty low on the list.
Scoring a winning 100 in the 4th innings chasing a decent total will always rank high.
imagine the pressure on him

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Without this hundred, we potentially lose the Test and don't win the series. It had pressure written all over it and he delivered on a pitch where few had before him. I'd say it ranks higher than you'd expect. He averaged 134 across the series, Rachin averaged 70 but failed 3 times, Bedingham averaged 67 then of the guys who played both Tests, the next best average is 33. SA's attack deserves more respect. I could name quite a few 'first-string' attacks that have come out here with less quality. Test cricket is so nuanced, it's so demanding, unless you're playing literally a club side there's no asterisk.