• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Molehill

International Captain
Men’s bmx is nuts
Can only imagine how many injuries they get in training.

Argentina the slightly surprising leader just ahead of GB after Round 1, can he turn it around? Will need a faultless final run to do so I fear.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Love the commentators for the BMX (same guys who do the freestyle skiing in the winter olympics) they get so excited for everyone

Molehill

International Captain
Gold for Argentina in the BMX and silver for GB. For once we couldn't quite sneak into gold at the end. Crazy stuff.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Gold for Argentina in the BMX and silver for GB. For once we couldn't quite sneak into gold at the end. Crazy stuff.
It's not like we haven't had our fair share of close second places (Peaty and Richards in the pool). Shows how fine some of the margins are in the Olympics

Molehill

International Captain
It's not like we haven't had our fair share of close second places (Peaty and Richards in the pool). Shows how fine some of the margins are in the Olympics
Yeah, I'm not going to pretend I know if we were hard done by there, no idea on how the scoring works. But the commentators were surprised the French rider didn't overtake the Argentinian's score, and he only ended up 3rd.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is the sort of sport I just watch and am amazed at. No idea what is good/bad or indifferent but it is fun once every 4 years.

Ali TT

International Regular
That is the sort of sport I just watch and am amazed at. No idea what is good/bad or indifferent but it is fun once every 4 years.
In this way, I used to enjoy watching the ski jump aerials in the winter games. Used to be Belarus that dominated it, despite not having a hill higher than a 1000ft. Their "skiers" were gymnasts who trained indoors on trampoline.

Spark

Global Moderator
****ing hell it must be a horrible feeling to get a touch penalty on the very first gate and know it's immediately over, three seconds in.

Spark

Global Moderator
True greatness is visible in comparison when the top placed competitor from the semi almost capsizes. **** what a brutal sport.

Ali TT

International Regular
I thought the run by the German would be tough to beat, but she annihilated it. Something for the French to celebrate too.
The rest of the field has literally been swept away by the river. The German did well but Fox looked like she was paddling down the Seine in comparison to everyone else. Her's and the French guy's runs two of the standout performances of the games so far.

Molehill

International Captain
Would be very high on the list of "Olympic sports that would kill me if I tried it myself"
Having a quick scan through the sports and I think it might even be top. Would get stuck in one of those stoppers and probably never get out.