• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, that was a late charge. Perfectly timed I guess but you'd be devastated if in the Dutch crew.

I like the idea of the Brisbane triathlon swim being in the sea with the sharks and crocs.
Gold Coast's canals have bull sharks. Could see a pretty quick time set in the swim leg.

social

Yee has run the 10,000m at the European Championships for GB & was quicker than Farah as a teenager

Thought he looked like a decent runner :laugh:

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Not said anything on here so far re Olympics. The opening ceremony c'etait tres merde. Been enjoying the rowing and triathlon though.

Molehill

International Captain
Just watched a British female boxer thoroughly outbox a Moroccan only to see the decision go the other way. It really is the most crooked of sports and to be honest has no right in the Olympics.

Ali TT

International Regular
Just watched a British female boxer thoroughly outbox a Moroccan only to see the decision go the other way. It really is the most crooked of sports and to be honest has no right in the Olympics.
A couple of the other points defeats for GB boxers were pretty 50:50 but that one was really poor. British girl pummeled her opponent for 3 minutes in that last round, having split the first two.

I don't know if it's crooked, just that the scoring is not very robust or objective. It was better when they had the live scoring per punch but for some reason they have moved away from that and back to judge scoring.

Molehill

International Captain
A couple of the other points defeats for GB boxers were pretty 50:50 but that one was really poor. British girl pummeled her opponent for 3 minutes in that last round, having split the first two.

I don't know if it's crooked, just that the scoring is not very robust or objective. It was better when they had the live scoring per punch but for some reason they have moved away from that and back to judge scoring.
Hard for the backhanders to work on the punch by punch scoring. I won't watch any more of that.

Son Of Coco

Dunno what this was referring to as switched over to watch it only to see the American rider screw up her final run on the first jump, handing gold to China.
There was a group in the crowd who wouldn't have looked out of place at one of Trump's shindigs...I have a feeling they may have been related to the rider you are talking about.