• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My prediction:

If the West Indies get to 100 for 2 or less wickets lost, they will win.
If Lara makes less than 5, New Zealand will win.
If WI lose 2 wickets for less than 30 runs, NZ will cruise home.
What if the Windies make 100 for 2, with Lara being the second wicket down for a duck? :D

And now to go out on a limb ;):
Hamish Marshall will be brilliant in the field.
I feel really sorry for the guy, to be honest - I've heard nothing but good things about his magnificent fielding both here and on TV, and I think he's dropped more catches than he's taken this series...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
What if the Windies make 100 for 2, with Lara being the second wicket down for a duck? :D
Lara won't be batting so high. :p
Loony BoB said:
I feel really sorry for the guy, to be honest - I've heard nothing but good things about his magnificent fielding both here and on TV, and I think he's dropped more catches than he's taken this series...
I didn't notice. I was blinded by the ground fielding I guess. It's harsh yes, but it happens to the best of them (except Jonty). Didn't Ponting drop a few catches in a short space of time a while back?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No. If he's listed at #4 he'll be coming in at the fall of the second wicket. :p
God dammit, I need to go back to school. Uhmmm... hmm. Ooh, what if someone retires hurt? *hides*

Loony BoB

International Captain
There's got to be a loophole I can use to get out of looking this stupid.

EDIT: Is "retired hurt" still counted as a wicket?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My prediction:

If the West Indies get to 100 for 2 or less wickets lost, they will win.
If Lara makes less than 5, New Zealand will win.

What if they're 100-2 with Lara out for 3?