• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Tart

U19 Vice-Captain
Actually it’s not & is ancient history

“Brisbane” goes from northern NSW in the south to west of Ipswich and halfway to the Sunshine Coast in the north with no physical barriers in between

Might as well conclude that Penrith isn’t part of Sydney for all it’s worth

Anyway, fun fact

Cronulla racists are older than GC statistical area racists and it’s because the Gold Coast encompasses several thousand square kilometres
I don't even understand what you're arguing here?

Gold Coast is just Brisbane, but also the Gold Coast is several thousand km2, and that's why people in cronulla are older?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't even understand what you're arguing here?

Gold Coast is just Brisbane, but also the Gold Coast is several thousand km2, and that's why people in cronulla are older?
It’s pretty simple

Someone claimed that the GC is an older version of Cronulla when the reality is it’s a false equivalency anyway

The Gold Coast is a “city” of approximately 800,000 people which is part of a larger metropolitan area of nearly 4 million people

A better comparison is between Cronulla and some suburban ****hole in SEQ like Coomera

Seriously, does anyone outside the shire actually visit that dump?

the big bambino

International Captain
Saw the Kumuls beat the Cook Islands. Was stuck at home but didn't have to watch it I suppose. Worst game I can remember. Best part was listening to the comms get so bored they started talking about the tennis and cricket WC.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
The final last week of the Pacific championships totally passed my mind until I randomly came across the full match replay on youtube.
30-0 to the Kiwis was more than a pleasant surprise to say the least. It was a tremendous team effort but just looking at some of the individuals
Ronaldo Mulitalo's performance was super human. Also Leo Thompson in his first year of representative football had a highly promising start.
In the three matches played at home during the tournament the Kiwis conceded a total of zero points which is quite remarkable.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CTE is obviously a massive issue and the British Rugby League is taking steps to address it

It’s a contact sport though and the risk is that they fundamentally change the nature of the game which will detract from its popularity

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lool at the Tigers
Inner west Council has just announced it's opening Leichhardt Oval as an open park for the community to run around on, take the dogs for a walk etc etc.

It's the 8th Wonder of the World, but given the state of the Tigers, it's appropriate local dogs can now take a dump on it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CTE is obviously a massive issue and the British Rugby League is taking steps to address it

It’s a contact sport though and the risk is that they fundamentally change the nature of the game which will detract from its popularity
I don't know how making people tackle three inches lower will fundamentally change the game though. It isn't like they're changing the shape of the ball or reducing the number of players on the park.

ripper868

International Coach
I don't know how making people tackle three inches lower will fundamentally change the game though. It isn't like they're changing the shape of the ball or reducing the number of players on the park.
Well technically, if it ends up following the union example of dolling out cards for any incidental head contact, it will result in less players on the park, often.

I'm all for protecting the head in all codes of sport, but there does come a time where the player accepts the risk of the game - I'm busted as **** at 38 from 15 years of rugby, without getting paid for it, and I can't remember where I left my keys.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe he'd even think about going from a champion club to a bunch of cellar dwellers.

What's a couple hundred thousand extra a year gonna do to change his life.