• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I'll embarrass myself some more.

Btw, just saw the news about Webb. Jeez, had no idea he was even ill. There's way too many rugby players of both codes going down with MND for it to be coincidental.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah, I'll embarrass myself some more.

Btw, just saw the news about Webb. Jeez, had no idea he was even ill. There's way too many rugby players of both codes going down with MND for it to be coincidental.
It may be so, but evidence still too limited to conclusively say so - this article openly says it's lacking conclusive data but:

We have yet to determine a biological link but there seems to be epidemiological evidence to suggest there is increased risk in certain sports. NFL players are seen to be 4 times more likely to develop MND in their lifetime. That figure could be as much as 15 times higher for rugby players.

Horrid disease.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@Kraken man, how much of a pooshow has this off season been? This Volkman stuff would be hilarious if it was happening to another club

Kraken

State Captain
@Kraken man, how much of a pooshow has this off season been? This Volkman stuff would be hilarious if it was happening to another club
sorry brother, just saw this! you should've waited another hour or so to post that, what a ****ing nightmare day. Volkman out, then Corey Allan tears his ACL at training. When it rains it pours. I was just starting to feel a glimmer of hope too ffs

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sorry brother, just saw this! you should've waited another hour or so to post that, what a ****ing nightmare day. Volkman out, then Corey Allan tears his ACL at training. When it rains it pours. I was just starting to feel a glimmer of hope too ffs
Is there anyone worse than us going into next season? The spoon wouldn't surprise me at all

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tiges still pretty diabolical tbh. Add to their woes asbestos in Rozelle and it could be a proper shambles.

Kraken

State Captain
Is there anyone worse than us going into next season? The spoon wouldn't surprise me at all
i think we will be a lot better this year, we already look fitter in pre season. real test will be Origin time, when we lose Ben Hunt (no halves depth at all).

as Burgey said, I think the Tigers are still worse, also think the Dogs will finish below us too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You guys have actually done really well out of it by picking up Marschke though. I went to heaps of Bears games last year at NSO and he was too good for that level. Definitely the best half on the market for an emergency squad replacement IMO. I rate him higher than a fit Volkman anyway.

Kraken

State Captain
You guys have actually done really well out of it by picking up Marschke though. I went to heaps of Bears games last year at NSO and he was too good for that level. Definitely the best half on the market for an emergency squad replacement IMO. I rate him higher than a fit Volkman anyway.
Do you know if he's played 1st grade yet? It's definitely a positive signing, if nothing else we needed depth in that area. Essentially the position is his, unless they play Bird there

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do you know if he's played 1st grade yet? It's definitely a positive signing, if nothing else we needed depth in that area. Essentially the position is his, unless they play Bird there
He played for Easts as a bench dummy half when they had a hooker crisis a few years ago but that was way before he was ready (I think was he was 18?) and out of position.