• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q1. was it an Aussie captain? ..... Yes. The one to whom it was said was an Aussie captaijn.

Q2. Tony Grieg to the MCC? .... NO

Q3. Were they opposing captains?....YES

Q4. Did this exchange take place during a Test series?.... NO

Q5. Post 1980?.... NO

stumpski

International Captain
They were opposing captains, so he can't have been a team-mate ... although they may have been in the Test team of course.

I'm not sure whether Bradman ever captained NSW before going to South Australia - was this during his time at SA?

We're getting there. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q9. Was the person who said it a team-mate of Bradman's in said match?..... NO

Q10. was this during his time at SA? ..... YES

stumpski

International Captain
Only about five candidates to go through for the opposing captain (although I suppose some of them changed after the war),

Lindsay Hassett?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q11. Lindsay Hassett? ..... NO

Q12. I will guess the great commentator Alan Mac? .... NO

And remember the most important part of the question is not the names of the personalities but what happened for this comment to be made.

stumpski

International Captain
Pre - World War Two?

(I've no idea what this incident can have been tbh, we need a Bradman expert on here. I've got a copy of Farewell to Cricket but I'll need an idea of when it occurred, before I can start looking in there)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q14. Was the team VIC? .... YES

Q15. Pre - World War Two? .... YES

Q16. Was the other captain a member of the 1948 tour party to England? .... NO

Hint No. 2 : That remark by the Victoria captain is said to have resulted in bringing to a quick end his cricket career !!

stumpski

International Captain
Was it Keith Rigg?

(if so, I can't see any reference to this incident in his 1996 obituary; however, he didn't play after 1938-39)