• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sorry for delay. Went to a beer festival yesterday and was in no fit state to post on my return!! :)

Anyhoo, here's mine:

What links a legendary West Indian batsman with an ex-England captain & an Indian two-cap wonder? & who are the players in question?

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Sorry for delay. Went to a beer festival yesterday and was in no fit state to post on my return!! :)

Anyhoo, here's mine:

What links a legendary West Indian batsman with an ex-England captain & an Indian two-cap wonder? & who are the players in question?
Is the WI batsman George Headley?

Is the England captain still alive?

If not is it Len Hutton?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
archie mac said:
MC. Cowdrey?
Q5) No.

Think I've broken the thread! :unsure: Time for another quick clue, methinks!

Second Clue: The England captain made a favourable impression in the antipodes during a losing tour for the mother country.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
archie mac said:
Was he also born in Peru?
Q9) No.

chekmeout said:
Ashok Gandotra..... Born in Rio de Janeiro... That's the closest I could come to Peru!
Q10) Yes! :yes:

So we now have Freddy Brown who was born in Peru, Ashok Gandotra who was born in Brazil & George Headley......