• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Allan Border holds many records, but I am looking for one in particular. What is it?

Q1 - 150 in each innings of a Test? Yes
Q2 - Is it a batting record? No
Q3 - Is it a Test record? Yes
Q4 - Is it a record to be proud of? Yes

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Allan Border holds many records, but I am looking for one in particular. What is it?

Q1 - 150 in each innings of a Test? Yes
Is it a captaincy record ?

If not, is it a bowling record ?

Is it achieved during the course of a game by on field performance (rather than just by the act of participating as in 100th test match) ?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q1 - 150 in each innings of a Test? No
Q5 - Is it a captaincy record? Yes
Q6 - Is it achieved during the course of a game by on field performance (rather than just by the act of participating as in 100th test match)? No

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He won the toss 47 times which is more often than anyone else by a long margin. Is it that ?

If not, is it that he led in 93 tests, again more than anyone else by far ?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q1 - 150 in each innings of a Test? No
Q5 - Is it a captaincy record? Yes
Q6 - Is it achieved during the course of a game by on field performance? No
Q7 - He won the toss 47 times? No

Q8 - Is it that he led in 93 tests? I'll give it to you.

The actual answer was that he hold the record for most consecutive Tests as captain (93), his nearest rival being Stephen Fleming (57).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
  • Pre WW1 --------------- 87.5%
  • Between the wars - 88.6%
  • WW2 to 1970 --------- 87.2%
  • 1970 till date --------- 64.8%

Here is a statistic (in %) which remained virtually unchanged in cricket for nearly 100 years.
Then we find, in the modern era (1970-2006) it has dropped dramatically.

What is this percentage ?

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Team winning toss batting first?
THAT'S IT !!

Well Done.

Its amazing that 85 + % of all captains, all over the world put the opposition in for a hundred years of test cricket and then the percentage started dropping with its lowest (58 something) in the 80's. But it is a huge drop since 1970. I would be interested in kowing what people think this could be due to.

Your turn Archie and that was good.

PS Was it just another attempt at a guess or did you do some research ? Just curious since these figures are not available, I actually worked them out.