• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Time for a recap & a clue me thinks. My original question was:

No Englishman has achieved this feat since 1964. What feat & who last achieved it?

Q1) Is it a county record? – No.
Q2) Is it a Test record? - Yes (not a record as such, but achieved in tests).
Q3) Is it a batting record? - No. Not connected with batting at all.
Q4) Is it something that happened in an Ashes series/contest? – No.
Q5) Ted Dexter? – No.
Q6) Would you be proud of the feat? - Yes, definitely. It's unusual but I think anyone would be chuffed to do it.
Q7) Had this thing been done by players from other countries since? – Yes.
Q8) Did it last happen in 1964 in an England test ? - Yes (but only in as much as the last time an Englishman did it is was during an England test, others have done it since).
Q9) If yes, was it a home test ? - No.
Q10) Is it something achieved on the field (viz batting, bowling, fielding or keeping etc) ? - Yes.

First Clue: No Australian, New Zealander, Sri Lankan or Bangladeshi has achieved this feat.
Was it achieved on the Indian tour of 1963-64 ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Wicket keeper bowling in a test match ? (Jim Parks bowled as all English players barring skipper MJK Smith struggled to get Indian wickets after India had followed on - Kanpur 5th test))

BoyBrumby

Englishman
SJS said:
Wicket keeper bowling in a test match ? (Jim Parks bowled as all English players barring skipper MJK Smith struggled to get Indian wickets after India had followed on - Kanpur 5th test))
Very, very close. So close I'll give it to you. Jim Parks was the last English wicket-keeper to actually take a test wicket. Bob Taylor actually bowled 2 overs in our 81/82 tour to India. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It did not happen for 125 years of test cricket and now its happened 21 times in less than four years ?? Whats it ?