• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it something achieved on the field (viz batting, bowling, fielding or keeping etc) ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JASON said:
That's the 4th or 5th time around for that same question about Geoff Hurst in one format or another !!

? Any new questions from you in the future Marc.. :D :laugh: :laugh:
I just can't think of anything when on the spot - probably best I don't answer any more then since I obviously can't come up with anything deemed worthy enough.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I just can't think of anything when on the spot - probably best I don't answer any more then since I obviously can't come up with anything deemed worthy enough.
Come on Marc you cant take Jason seriously. He is just pulling your leg. Its great to have you here.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
SJS said:
Did it last happen in 1964 in an England test ?

If yes, was it a home test ?
Q8) Yes (but only in as much as the last time an Englishman did it is was during an England test, others have done it since).

Q9) No.

SJS said:
Is it something achieved on the field (viz batting, bowling, fielding or keeping etc) ?
Q10) Yes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Time for a recap & a clue me thinks. My original question was:

No Englishman has achieved this feat since 1964. What feat & who last achieved it?

Q1) Is it a county record? – No.
Q2) Is it a Test record? - Yes (not a record as such, but achieved in tests).
Q3) Is it a batting record? - No. Not connected with batting at all.
Q4) Is it something that happened in an Ashes series/contest? – No.
Q5) Ted Dexter? – No.
Q6) Would you be proud of the feat? - Yes, definitely. It's unusual but I think anyone would be chuffed to do it.
Q7) Had this thing been done by players from other countries since? – Yes.
Q8) Did it last happen in 1964 in an England test ? - Yes (but only in as much as the last time an Englishman did it is was during an England test, others have done it since).
Q9) If yes, was it a home test ? - No.
Q10) Is it something achieved on the field (viz batting, bowling, fielding or keeping etc) ? - Yes.

First Clue: No Australian, New Zealander, Sri Lankan or Bangladeshi has achieved this feat.