• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Was it a fast bowler ?

If yes, was it Spofforth ?

If no, is it Percy McDonnell ?

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, well done SJS because I had no idea. I've lost my knack for the trivia threads. It makes me quite sad actually.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Haha, well done SJS because I had no idea. I've lost my knack for the trivia threads. It makes me quite sad actually.
I had no idea either. NONE WHATSOEVER.

It just took the clues, number of tests, time period, captaincy etc and my excel spreadsheet that makes the howstat stats more amenable to research.

In fact, I couldnt have been wrong umless howstat's stats were wrong as has happened at least once before :)

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
I had no idea either. NONE WHATSOEVER.

It just took the clues, number of tests, time period, captaincy etc and my excel spreadsheet that makes the howstat stats more amenable to research.

In fact, I couldnt have been wrong umless howstat's stats were wrong as has happened at least once before :)
Last time I try to give you fellas an easy question :D

Okay SJS, once again the master is in charge of both trivia threads, so don't leave us hangin, lets have two toughies :blink:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I cant think of anything so I just made this up :D

1 Allen Gubby
2 Blackie
3 Close Brian
4 Grace WG
5 Grimmett
6 Gunn George
7 Hendren
8 Ironmonger
9 Nourse AW
10 Rhodes Wilfred
11 Woolley Frank

This is a very interesting and competent test side (if you get Woolley to keep wickets).

I have put them in alphabatic order. If you put them in a particular batting order they contribute to what is surely an unbeatable world record.

1. What is that order ?
2. What is that unbeatable record ?

PS : Its pretty simple but I am not able to think of anything else :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
This is the list of the oldest players to play Tests.
NO.

Grimmett , for example was 44 something in his last test while Southerton was nearly 50 in his first. Yet Southerton isnt in the list.