• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mustard

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't see his innings, but he probably cost England the game with his poor keeping late in the game. Missed two easy stumpings and a ridiculously easy run-out opportunity.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting run-out for a four-ball duck doing less IMO.

EDIT: Can I get rid of this stupid avatar yet?
Complaining about an avatar before the allotted time is up is grounds for slapping another month on, I reckon. :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I do love watching both of those bat. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Watto the person, but I remember one innings he played vs. NZ during the Chappell-Hadlee series there in 06/07. He opened, and played some absolutely gorgeous drives.

If I were to have a batting order of current players who I love watching bat it'd be something like this:

Tendulkar
Gibbs (loose technique, but I always love watching him)
Vaughan
Sangakkara
Kallis
Laxman
Yuvraj

I do enjoy watching Pietersen, Watson and Sarwan too. So whilst there's a bit of a similar style, there is an obvious difference between a Yuvraj, a Laxman and a Vaughan.

Overall though, a Sanga and Tendulkar partnership would be my ideal viewing.
Haha, same for me. Really would be so much pleasure to watch. My top 3 current batsmen I love watching (in order) would be as follows:

Sangakarra
Tendulkar
Dravid

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh my gripe with mustard was all down to an innings I saw him play against hampshire, it was one of the ugliest innings I have ever seen, not a scrappy innings by any means, it wasnt a situation that required a graham thorpe liek hundred, it was just ugly, fair play to the lad for his innings the other day, cant ask him to do more than that with the bat, but as said by perm..had his keeping been better england may well have won the match.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ironically today was the first time Ive really seen him and despite the good score I wasnt that impressed.

Horrible hand position and bat angle. Technical holes a mile wide. However, its about how you deal with the issues, not whether you have got them. Maybe he can make a go of it despite the problems. It will take more than 1 innings to convince me though. Players with problems like his generally tend to be form players. When all is going well they can succeed but as soon as it isnt all rosy, they dont have the technique to fall back on and struggle to be consistent.