• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mustard

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh, knowing Australians they'd probably be making the neccessary alterations before too long. 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
They should make batting like Diving or Gymnastics where you give out scores.

Get each batsmen to face 30 balls and score the best 10 shots on technique, timing etc, that'd be gun.

The downside (for me) is Australia wouldn't win.
In fact they would come last.. I reckon SA or the WI would win, if they dropped Chanderpaul

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Seriously love watching Bracken bat. Echo the nominations of Watson aswell.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Jayawardene at full throttle is simply gorgeous too. And Sangakkara obviously.

Laxman and Tendulkar are probably top of the chart for me though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dravid > Tendulkar for me, marginally.

It's a toss-up as to whether I'd prefer watch Sri Lanka with Sangakkara and Jayawardene (in the days of Atapattu, better than either, it was an easy choice) or India with India with Laxman and Dravid.

Wasim Jaffer's presence perhaps provides the casting vote.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh whats annoying about watching vaughan bat, is the fact that he has that really irritating chin strap dangling around all the time, never tucked in, also although he's good to watch when he's going well, he is terrible to watch otherwise, he always seems to get bowled by really average bowlers (rana naved ul hasan for example)...and often looks like a really terrible player for it, i remember when he got bowled by rana, the stumps were smashed out of the ground, and vaughan himself was left in a ridiculous looking stance, with his legs miles apart and looking completely out of place...a shame that such a good player can on occasion look so poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha that Rana dismissal was one of the most embarrasing I've ever seen from Vaughan. At first I thought it was a good ball, but it wasn't, it was just a straight Yorker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha that Rana dismissal was one of the most embarrasing I've ever seen from Vaughan. At first I thought it was a good ball, but it wasn't, it was just a straight Yorker.
he seems to get out like that quite a lot, such a dismissal is always accompanied by the same frown, opened mouth, shake of the head, off comes the helmet, and ruffles his hair, always...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not if it doesn't swing it doesn't. No decent batsman should ever be troubled by a full ball at a mere 141kph. 161kph, maybe you could forgive that.

simmy

International Regular
It's not to say I don't enjoy seeing him do well and making runs, I enjoy every moment I watch him bat because I know he won't be there much longer, and I appreciate what he's done in cricket. I just don't like watching him stylistically. This is especially so in ODI cricket, less so in tests. His legside play is excellent to watch and I enjoy seeing him use his wrists, but his offside play just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's to do with his small stature and gigantic bat.
He plays the occasional shot ie a straight drive, every now and then which makes you go WOW....

He is awesome to watch imo

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not purely and simply through beating for pace it isn't. No top-class batsman should ever struggle in the slightest to lay bat on a ball at just 87mph which does not move sideways.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh i'd say that at the end of a long day, after putting together a good score, it would be excusable every now and again for a top class batsman to get out this way, as an accurate yorker in the high 80s is a decent delivery, however to get out repeatedly in this fashion would indicate a player who is not of the highest ability imo. Mind you, Vaughan tends to get out like this fairly often, or at least seems to get bowled a lot, but yet I still rate him....he just cant scrap to save his life.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Agree with Richard, if you can't handle a straight, non-swinging yorker at 87mph, you shouldn't be playing as an international batsman.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Getting run-out for a four-ball duck doing less IMO.

EDIT: Can I get rid of this stupid avatar yet?