• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali vs Ashwin ( home Test bowling )

Who was a more dominant Test bowler at home between the 2?

• Muttiah Muralitharan

• Ravichandran Ashwin

Results are only viewable after voting.

ma1978

International Debutant
There is. Tahir, Harmer, Lyon, O'Keefe, Murphy, Patel all had cheap sizable series hauls this past decade. You had debutant spin rookies like Kuhnemann and Hartley win games by themselves.

Compare that to previous decades and there isn't much to compare really. Rarely did foreign spinners did that well.

The past decade, pitches generally have been a bit more spin friendly. This is so obvious that really its just disingenuous to not acknowledge it.
it’s not obvious. It’s not obvious at all. The numbers show that foreign spinners have done no better in India than decades past

subshakerz

International Coach
it’s not obvious. It’s not obvious at all. The numbers show that foreign spinners have done no better in India than decades past
Which numbers?

And to be clear, you dont think there is any different in pitch support for spin in this versus previous decades?

ma1978

International Debutant
Which numbers?

And to be clear, you dont think there is any different in pitch support for spin in this versus previous decades?
no arguably less

non Indian spin bowlers average I think 37 since 2010, 39 in the 2000s and 36 in the 1990s. The differentials between Jndian and non Indian spinners has never been larger

subshakerz

International Coach
no arguably less

non Indian spin bowlers average I think 37 since 2010, 39 in the 2000s and 36 in the 1990s. The differentials between Jndian and non Indian spinners has never been larger
Hmm will need to doublecheck those numbers but having watched games in India since the 90s, I havent seen them be so sporting.