• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Move over cnerd

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’ve had a stack of PMs asking for updates so to satisfy my fans here goes. I co-umpired a bunch of indoor games over the last month. A good laugh and no disasters. My first lbw that I gave was apparently pitching outside leg but that’s just a detail. I got dog’s abuse last night for a wide I gave and then one I didn’t. Both from the same bowler. I probably got both wrong but the universe balanced itself so what can you do?

indoor season is over now but I’ve got a series of follow up courses later this month and March and then will be doing second XI games next season for the club I’ve just done the indoor stuff for. Looking forwards to it. It’s just a great craic to be involved, as someone who’d love to pick up a bat but just can’t.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have you had a moment yet where you made a decision and immediately realised it was the wrong one

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have you had a moment yet where you made a decision and immediately realised it was the wrong one
Just a wide I gave last night and one I didn’t. lbw dismissal errors only when pointed out. No controversial catch decisions yet.

thierry henry

International Coach
I’ve had a stack of PMs asking for updates so to satisfy my fans here goes. I co-umpired a bunch of indoor games over the last month. A good laugh and no disasters. My first lbw that I gave was apparently pitching outside leg but that’s just a detail. I got dog’s abuse last night for a wide I gave and then one I didn’t. Both from the same bowler. I probably got both wrong but the universe balanced itself so what can you do?

indoor season is over now but I’ve got a series of follow up courses later this month and March and then will be doing second XI games next season for the club I’ve just done the indoor stuff for. Looking forwards to it. It’s just a great craic to be involved, as someone who’d love to pick up a bat but just can’t.
Is it normal rules for the lbws? In indoor cricket generally there’s no lbw unless they don’t offer a shot, but then I’m not sure how widely played ‘indoor cricket’ as I know it really is because I think it’s mostly an NZ/Aus thing

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is it normal rules for the lbws? In indoor cricket generally there’s no lbw unless they don’t offer a shot, but then I’m not sure how widely played ‘indoor cricket’ as I know it really is because I think it’s mostly an NZ/Aus thing
Yeah just normal lbw law in the league I was doing