• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Since the last home Ashes, this is only the second time he’s averaged above 30 in a series (though there was one instance of dead on 30) but also only the third time he’s averaged above 25. Bear in mind we play 3-4 series a year, it’s good going.

NZ two years ago the only other stinker in there.

Nasser was pretty firm yesterday that he’s out of nick not done, pointing to recent stats. They are remarkable (averaging under 20 in all four full series under Stokes before this) but when you’re 41 it’s not unreasonable to think it could just go at any point.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't get what goes for a bowler due to age that takes their form, that can't be measured. It's not pace, as that is thereabouts, and it's not fitness, as he's not in and out with injuries like Hazelwood. So what else is there that you can use as an excuse to say 'you're too old - it's over'?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't get what goes for a bowler due to age that takes their form, that can't be measured. It's not pace, as that is thereabouts, and it's not fitness, as he's not in and out with injuries like Hazelwood. So what else is there that you can use as an excuse to say 'you're too old - it's over'?
It’s a strange one because you’d expect the big giveaway to be his control going - eg when Gillespie declined, not only was he not taking wickets but he became a lot easier to score off. That’s not happening with Jimmy at the minute which I guess is why a lot of us are not convinced he’s done.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Jimmy looks more and more like a sleazy lawyer who passed the bar and made in to a fancy law firm based on a phony degree only to be exposed and expelled and now enrolled in to a community college to somehow get that degree #ifyouknowyouknow
With Jack Leach as Dean Pelton.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Interesting to see who the pace options are for India. Anderson will be economical but in Pakistan, Robinson and Wood were excellent and provide a stronger tail. But neither will play five tests. Anderson will tour unless he quits but would be a rotation option for me, Clive.

loterry1994

International Debutant
His not done as long as he gets decent bowling conditions. There has not been much swing or movement this series

Victor Ian

International Coach
Anderson is being neutered by McCullum and the call for dead pitches because he is still angry for all the time he bowled him out.

Molehill

International Captain
Anderson is being neutered by McCullum and the call for dead pitches because he is still angry for all the time he bowled him out.
He's shown he can bowl well on dead pitches before, see Pakistan Tour just a few months ago. But he's not been on it this series, rarely seems to be when playing the Aussies it seems. It was great conditions to bowl yesterday yet he simply didn't pitch it up enough.

Kirkut

International Regular
He's being bazballed psychologically

Broad: "How do you think these conditions will help his bowling style or confidence?"

McCullum: "Boss, if it will swing, it will swing, conditions or not."

Victor Ian

International Coach
He's shown he can bowl well on dead pitches before, see Pakistan Tour just a few months ago. But he's not been on it this series, rarely seems to be when playing the Aussies it seems. It was great conditions to bowl yesterday yet he simply didn't pitch it up enough.
I'll openly admit, I just hate the ****, because he has a stupid mouth. I don't think he is a bad person, as some tried to insinuate, rather, I am just reveling in him opening his stupid mouth and then things turning sour on him, as if karma was a real thing.