• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hopefully he can turn things around. The last thing we want is for him to do a Tendulkar style end of career.

Molehill

International Captain
I'll openly admit, I just hate the ****, because he has a stupid mouth. I don't think he is a bad person, as some tried to insinuate, rather, I am just reveling in him opening his stupid mouth and then things turning sour on him, as if karma was a real thing.
We all have our somewhat irrational hatreds - it's Travis Head for me, absolutely useless **** when he was at Sussex, turned into Bradman against England. Really ****ing stupid facial hair too.

Victor Ian

International Coach
We all desperately need Anderson to play another 16 tests. Then he will have gone past Tendulkars games record, and we can use that as a point to denigrate him based on Anderson holding the fast bowling records despite being only ATVG merely as a result of spam.

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
I want Anderson to get 700 wickets than retire always was more lovable than Broad and respectful.

Anderson is one of most skilled bowlers I ever seen.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The worry for me yesterday was that he got hit around. That hadn't been happening really.

Time will tell if it's terminal or not but we could certainly do with him in India.

loterry1994

International Debutant
I don’t know about his retirement but a few players this ashes test careers look shot. You had Warner, Jimmy and Josh that looked done. Jimmys probably got the right to call his retirement whenever but you wanna have some dignity left and not trundle along more poor performances. I think his waiting for next English summer for it

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's been a long long time since he's had as poor a series as this. There's been the odd time where he hasn't been needed for a test and a half and not bowled much in Sri Lanka or the like, or a series where he's been injured, but to have a fit Anderson bowling in a big series at home and just not doing the business just hasn't been a thing since... 2008?

Chris Woakes basically had to come in as a 4th seamer and replaced Anderson mid-game doing Anderson things, because we couldn't drop him in the expectation that he was eventually going to get it together (which is part of the sign of a top tier player btw - they don't ever drop them).

Most of the talk about England's poor first two tests was on Stokes' crap declaration and Bairstow's drops and while both of those were bad I still think the most defining aspect of England being 2-0 down, and Australia coming close in the 5th test, is that Anderson didn't show up.

Stuart Broad was asked on Sky last night if there were any close moments he regretted, and he said taking the new ball in the 4th innings at Edgbaston. And in hindsight it was a mistake, but not knowing what was to come I would have made the same call every time because we had Anderson in the team.

Molehill

International Captain
It's been a long long time since he's had as poor a series as this. There's been the odd time where he hasn't been needed for a test and a half and not bowled much in Sri Lanka or the like, or a series where he's been injured, but to have a fit Anderson bowling in a big series at home and just not doing the business just hasn't been a thing since... 2008?
It was a shock because so often he had really decent conditions to bowl in. How does he average 18 on Pakistani roads then struggle to be effective when the ball is hooping around for everyone else?

Chin Music

State 12th Man
It was a shock because so often he had really decent conditions to bowl in. How does he average 18 on Pakistani roads then struggle to be effective when the ball is hooping around for everyone else?
I was really hacked off with him bowling with the brand new ball the other day. He struggled to bowl in the right areas and started moaning at the ball after 3 overs. I thought both him and Broad were poor in the opening spell. Surely if he goes to India, their batsmen will target him straight away. I reckon if England were going to bat against him they would undoubtedly do that.

Molehill

International Captain
I was really hacked off with him bowling with the brand new ball the other day. He struggled to bowl in the right areas and started moaning at the ball after 3 overs. I thought both him and Broad were poor in the opening spell. Surely if he goes to India, their batsmen will target him straight away. I reckon if England were going to bat against him they would undoubtedly do that.
I'm wondering if his bowling is almost more suited to those kind of pitches now. He'll bowl more back of a length and prey on the patience of batsmen.

Batting against the new ball has largely been the best time to bat in this series. Crawley and Khawaja topped their respective teams runs scored, Duckett did ok. Makes you wonder just how bad Warner was really.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I'm wondering if his bowling is almost more suited to those kind of pitches now. He'll bowl more back of a length and prey on the patience of batsmen.

Batting against the new ball has largely been the best time to bat in this series. Crawley and Khawaja topped their respective teams runs scored, Duckett did ok. Makes you wonder just how bad Warner was really.
I was surprised that the Aussies picked Warner. We know that he's never fired in England apart from the odd PLF here and there. The brand new ball has done very little all series and quite honestly the Aussies bowled badly with it both innings at the Oval, as did England.